Research Technician IV (Part Time)
Cancer Center DivisionDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is dedicated to preventing and curing cancer. The UACC is the only NCI‐designated comprehensive cancer center in Arizona and its primary responsibility is to conduct research that will lead to the reduction of cancer morbidity and mortality. The Cancer Center is seeking a Research Technician IV. The successful candidate will explore and discover answers to challenging questions. Develop, facilitate, implement, evaluate, perform, administer and oversee a wide variety of research programs or initiatives. Conducts and supports laboratory or field research by setting up and conducting experiments in lab or field settings and/or managing the laboratory or field research environment. Develops, adapts, and builds equipment, procedures, and techniques to fit specific experiment requirements.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and perform a variety of lab or field tests and operations. Records results, makes observations, analyzes data, and interprets test results.
- Refine, adapt, and develop procedures or techniques to fit specific experiment requirements; modifies existing equipment or designs and fabricates requisite equipment.
- Collaborate in the development of new strategies, techniques and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative results
- Coordinate the acquisition of lab supplies.
- Provide research administrative support including coordinating schedules, handling intake, maintaining records and files.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot many types of scientific apparatuses, equipment, and instruments including highly sophisticated and specialized systems requiring significant creativity and ingenuity to resolve problems.
- Perform skilled procedures requiring the delicate manipulation and/or fine adjustments to equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of complex laboratory or field experiments with responsibility for the independent development of methods, techniques and procedures.
- Develop techniques, procedures and tooling for fabrication, assembly, testing, installation and other operations.
- Assist Researchers in judging the validity of data, research methods, procedures, and techniques and recommends additional tests and/or modifications. Summarizes test results and assists in the preparation and writing of papers for publication.
- Other duties assigned as it relates to this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required, and Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required; OR a Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required, and Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition to education requirement.
*Extensive previous lab research experience.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $22.36Compensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Hani Babiker | [email protected]Open Date:
12/11/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.