Clinical Placement Coordinator - College of Nursing (Phoenix, AZ)
College of NursingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - PhoenixAddress:
Phoenix, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Clinical Placement Coordinator is responsible for establishing, cultivating and continuously building relationships with clinical affiliates to ensure adequate capacity for quality clinical education in the Phoenix metropolitan area. The Coordinator requests and secures clinical site placements in collaboration with course chairs and Program Directors. Assisting with preferred partnerships is also key to advance the clinical education and research functions of the CON.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist program leadership in planning,organizing, maintaining and facilitating educational experiences in clinicalfacilities:• Provide clinical facility information updates to students,faculty, and CON Database Management and Reporting Specialist.• Identify the number of clinical placements needed eachsemester for each program and clinical area in accordance with the curriculumand expected enrollment.• Enter and revise placement requests in program onlinecalendar(s) for efficient communications.• Develop and implement policies and plans related toclinical placements and timelines for directors and course chairs.• Direct process for submitting required reports to allaffiliating clinical agencies• Analyzes, assesses, and evaluates effectiveness of programand provides recommendations.
- DataManagement; Maximize technology to identify, devise, and implement the mostefficient and effective methods of processing required clinical clearancepaperwork [not limited to: clinical requests, upkeep on student files andclinical requirements, clinical schedules, and related correspondence:
• Develops, maintains and expands a database and processes for studentcredentials in preparation for clinical rotations or other on-siteeducation-related presence.
• Act as liaison with CastleBranch regarding updating clinical requirements andtroubleshoot issues.
• Coordinate student provision of all appropriate documentation, applicationsand forms necessary for rotations.
• Follows up with students on all of their credentials.
• Provides ongoing reports of progress.
- Coordinateclinical affiliation agreements that require initiation, coordination andorganization of agreements while collaborating with clinical facilities,faculty and legal department(s):
• Builds and maintain relationships with sites to facilitate clearcommunication of the student requirements.
• Leads the communication with partner sites.
• Establish new partnerships with sites and foster new relationships.
• Complete and submit required paperwork for affiliation agreements.
• Meet with facility leaders to identify parent company and/or person withsignature authority for affiliation agreements.
• Stay appraised of health system changes in Maricopa County so that contractscan be updated as facility names change and/or as mergers occur.
• Acts as a staff resource to assigned faculty curricular committees or taskforces.
• Works with faculty to incorporate preceptor recruitment, acknowledgment, andappreciation.
- AssistBSN-IH and MEPN Program Directors with administrative duties such as campusroom scheduling and work orders (ordering badges, rooms, any campus services).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
• Flexible and adaptable, perform multiple activities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities.• Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.• Adept at managing details, prioritizing, tracking multiple projects and meticulous follow up on pending responses and deadlines.• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, in person and on the phone.• Collaborate as an effective and integral team member.• Ability to problem-solve and make independent judgments as needed based upon thorough knowledge of assigned entry-level programs.• Ability to remain professional, positive and helpful at all times.• Ability to work well with diverse populations including people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.• Skillful in completing repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $78,413Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Academic Program MgmtJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Miller | [email protected]Open Date:
1/4/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.