Purchasing Coordinator and Grants Accountant
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Purchasing Coordinator and Grants Accountant. The Purchasing Coordinator and Grants Accountant has two primary responsibilities. First, is to coordinate and facilitate the purchasing process at the college. This position works with individuals at all levels of the college, including management staff who must authorize payments. The Coordinator works with all facets of the accounting system, principally the validation and processing of invoices. This position also performs clerical tasks such as typing, filing, and answering phones. Second, is to manage the fiscal operations of the College’s grants.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application. Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
Examples of Duties:Functional Responsibilities:
- Maintain vendor relationships and vendor information within the College’s database. The specialist works with all vendors and is the first point of contact for them if there is a question about an invoice or their timely receipt of payment.
- Independently audit employee travel reimbursements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Process purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and payment request forms.
- The specialist must make sure that all invoices are accurate and have been properly documented and approved by the authorized employees prior to making a payment.
- Oversee the purchasing function of the College, including monitoring open purchase orders, educating employees on purchasing processes and practices, and monitoring vendor balances to ensure timely payment.
- The specialist is responsible for submitting payments in a timely fashion and must coordinate the due date with the payment date to ensure the college’s bills are paid on time.
- The specialist responds to inquiries from vendors and employees and researches discrepancies.
- Determine solutions to campus-wide purchasing-related issues.
- Solely responsible for managing the supply inventory for the College, including budgeting, filling supply requisitions, preparing journal entries, and reordering to maintain appropriate inventory levels (requires lifting of up to 50 lbs.)
- Review supporting documentation and invoices for completeness and accuracy before payments are processed.
- Back-up for vouchering of accounts payable.
- Manage the College’s Purchasing Card program, including, but not limited to: auditing of transactions and supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness, assisting cardholders with questions, training, and monthly reconciliations.
- Month-End/Year-End Reports.
- The specialist must verify and procure proper Internal Revenue Service Documentation such as 1099 and W-9 forms from vendors.
- Process Credit Applications.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Manage vendor payments for capital projects through the State of Ohio OAKS system, including purchase requisitions and cash disbursement requests.
- Enter purchase requisitions and complete requests for payment for the Maintenance department.
- Assist with monthly departmental budget reporting process.
- Analysis of state purchasing contracts.
- Processing/analysis of credit card activity.
- Other Duties as assigned, including assisting the Business Office with basic accounting functions and customer service.
- Make sure that all grants are properly recorded.
- Make sure that all grants are used in accordance with governing documentation.
- Make sure that all grants are appropriately invoiced and all appropriate reports are completed.
Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Attention to detail, experience in bookkeeping or purchasing, proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word, and strong written and oral communication skills.
Two to five years of experience required preferably in Accounts Payable or Accounting.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Supplemental Information:Supervises following staff: