Asst. Director, Admissions
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-04
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Frost School of Music Assistant Director of Admissions
- Manages, in conjunction with the Director, the day-to-day activities related to processing graduate and undergraduate applications
- Participate in and coordinate international admission efforts
- Assist in coordinating the undergraduate/graduate admission process
- Assist with recruitment and yield programs and activities
- Assist with annual and one-off updates to the admissions website and recruitment materials
- Help manage and compile annual changes and updates to admissions system (CaneLink, Slideroom, Slate) including such things as Graduate Checklist, Slideroom/Slate reports and queue management flow.
- Compile and analyze new data and make recommendations as needed to assist in admission efforts
- Stay informed of recruitment goals and strategies
- Travel as needed to high schools/college fairs/regional auditions/conventions/summer camps
- Reconcile problem files
- Maintain electronic and paper records from initial contact to matriculation
- Notify applicants of confirmed audition dates/times/locations
- Merge and mail all prescreen/audition results
- Assist in preparation of audition day materials/schedules for applicants
- Manages, in conjunction with the Director, the prescreening/online audition process
- Contributes information and ideas related to the general admissions/auditions/recruitment process
- Coordinates the activities of work-study students
- Reply to correspondences, phone calls and emails from prospective applicants and their parents, and faculty
- Counsel prospective students, applicants and their families through the application/audition process
- Interact with faculty as needed; providing relevant information about applicants, processes, and requirements
- Assist the Director of Admissions Recruitment as needed
- Schedule visits for individuals/groups and give tours as needed
- Attend admission meetings in the Director’s absence
- Reports to the Director of Admissions on a daily basis
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required (music preferred, but not required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field
- Strong computer competency required including proficiency in Word and Excel; CaneLink experience is a plus
- Comfort with the Internet and web based communication
- Willingness to learn new software and to develop new skills as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism and exceptional dedication to customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Great organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.