Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-04
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Financial Analyst 60%
- Under the direction of the Business Operations Manager, assist in the preparation of IDRs, BERFs, POs, work orders, check requisitions, etc. Responsible for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with departmental, college and university policies and procedures.
- Perform moderately complex finance functions, including structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate moderately complex financial data sets, including large volumes of data, financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Develop budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used by internal management for key activities or decision making.
- Resolve issues within immediate work units; apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions.
- Perform preliminary analysis, and recommend solutions that may require internal policy changes or the development of new processes.
- Run and analyze moderately complex financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Understand, apply, and ensure compliance with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues, and respond in a professional and timely manner.
- Responsible for transaction processes for the department
- Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back-up to other functions.
- May supervise the day-to-day activities and provide on the job coaching and training to other staff, as needed.
Graduate Program Assistant 40%
- Under the direction of the Director of Graduate Studies, provide staff support for graduate student recruitment and admissions program.
- Assist with preparation of mailing of brochures and application materials.
- Assist in promotional efforts, which involves calling other Chemistry Departments and getting information on their graduate programs as well as trying to arrange time schedules for speakers to visit.
- Maintain on-line and departmental databases regarding applicants.
- Setting up timetable for student orientation and preparing handouts.
- Coordinate the compilation of student files and review by appropriate offices (departmental committees, International Admissions, Dean’s office, graduate school, etc.).
- Generate correspondence to applicants of decisions.
- Coordinate the preparation of graduate departmental course schedules and enrollment management. Work with the Director of Graduate Studies as well as the Chairperson to develop departmental class schedules, faculty and teaching assistant assignments,
- Responsible for payroll and tuition scholarship processing for all graduate students.
- Maintains departmental academic files for graduate students.
- Assist in preparation of materials and administration of exams for the M.S. and Ph.D. as well as applications for candidacy and graduation.
- Plan and organize annual graduation recognition ceremony and graduate student orientation luncheon.
- Assists in the development of budgets and expenditure projections for graduate program operations. Maintains data on TA and RA position/availability.
Other job duties as assigned
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104