Social Worker, MSW, Full-time
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-05
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
• The University of Miami UMHC-SCCC has an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker.
The Social Worker is responsible for:
- Coordination of special clinical initiatives such as the Adolescent and Young Adult program and improve and improvement projects.
- Responsible for the provision of Social Work Services to patients, families and significant others. Administers a broad variety of therapies. Are the designated experts, consultants, or sources of knowledge within the social work profession.
- Able to provide systematic psychosocial screening and assessments regarding mental status and psychopathology and communicating pertinent information to the healthcare team.
- On-call rotation for the facility to receive and facilitate after-hour calls.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to advocate for psychosocial-spiritual concerns and ensure that care is safe, efficient, effective, person-centered, timely, and culturally congruent.
- Documents appropriately and thoroughly in the electronic medical record.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a plan utilizing appropriate social work interventions.
- Collaborate with the health care team and involve the patient/family in the development and implementation of plans. Facilitate discharge planning across a multidisciplinary care continuum that includes interacting with consulting physicians, third party payer and other health care providers to facilitate movement of the patient through the system and arrangement of an appropriate discharge plan.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary staff to design and implement treatment plans and discharge plans for the patient.
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Minimum 1 year experience working with cancer patients
- Minimum 1 year working with the Adolescent and Young Adult Population
- Experience with program development
- Basic Life Support (within three months of hire)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105