Administrative Assistant, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute Palm Beach Gardens
Job location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-05
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami Bascom Palmer Eye Institute Palm Beach Gardens has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Complete assignments requiring the collection and organization of data and, if requested, perform data analysis.
- Serve as a primary information resource regarding service and program policies, procedures, and operational functions.
- Perform administrative work as requested by the doctors on the glaucoma service.
- Answers phones, take accurate messages, answer routine questions, and transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Monitor faxed requests for prescription refills and follow the prescription refill protocol.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail including interoffice mail on a daily basis.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate person(s).
- Provide patient records including e-prescribe and electronic records to the doctors as needed.
- Refer specific requests, such as those for biomedical support, to the appropriate department or individual and follow-up until the requests have been resolved.
- Liaise with the appropriate department or office regarding overbooks, schedule changes, template changes, clinical staffing, day-to-day clinical functions, and vacation requests for doctors and for the employee himself or herself. International patients should be referred to the International Concierge.
- Maintain calendar(s) for those doctors who request this service. The calendars should contain scheduled travel, meetings, conferences, depositions, vacations, clinic, surgery, etc. It is appropriate for the calendar to also include personal obligations if the doctor chooses to have them on the calendar as a way to avoid conflicts.
- Order office supplies.
- Compose correspondence, such as documentation of upcoming exams and testing for international patients, that is not specifically medical.
- Prepare financial forms (IDRs, BERFs, POs, work orders, check requisitions, Ariba, etc).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years of progressive related experience.
- Fluency in Spanish, (Spoken and Written)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103