Financial Aid Officer
The Princeton Undergraduate Financial Aid Office seeks a motivated individual for the position of Financial Aid Officer. This position is a complex administrative job with all of the fundamental aid responsibilities, including making award decisions, reviewing appeals, federal verification and counseling students and families.
The demand of constant aid activity throughout the year requires independent decision-making and the ability to exercise professional judgment when required. The financial aid officer will also be required to participate in outreach and tailor presentations to a variety of audiences. Flexibility and adaptability are necessary to keep up with the fast-paced changes in financial aid as well as the needs of the office.Responsibilities
- Review financial aid applications, perform need analysis, and package financial aid awards.
- Counsel enrolled and prospective students and their parents.
- Process federal verification in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Reach out to prospective students, their families, community-based organizations and others to increase economic diversity of applicant pool and enrolling classes. Includes travel, presentations, social media and other forms of outreach.
- Represent the office at meetings and events as needed.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years experience in financial aid or student services
- Excellent analytical, writing, speaking, and collaborative relationship-building skills
Please include a cover letter with your resume submission.
- Experience with financial aid regulation and processes, including oversight of a federal aid program (Pell Grant, Direct Loan, SEOG, FWS)
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo#LI-CB1