Post Doctoral Associate
The University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Associate, Guertin Lab, UMass Medical School, Nutrient Sensing, Brown Adipose Tissue
We invite outstanding candidates to apply for a post-doctoral position to investigate the biology of brown adipose tissue and its role in whole body metabolism. Specific aims include combining genetics, metabolomics, and in vivo stable isotope tracing to discover new mechanisms of thermoregulation and organ communication by metabolite sharing. The long term goal is to understand how brown fat contributes to metabolic fitness in health and disease. This position is part of an exciting and highly interactive collaboration with Dr. Cholsoon Jang at UC Irvine and will provide extensive opportunities to apply state-of-the-art techniques in genomics/genome engineering, imaging, and metabolomics.
Qualifications: Education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related disciplines
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated to apply skills towards solving biological problems
- Excellent analytical skills and independent judgement
- Highly collegial and works well as a team member
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with precision and tact
- Meticulous record keeping, proficiency with databases
Applicants should submit the following materials by email to Prof. David Guertin at [email protected]: a letter describing current research activities and your interest in this position, a CV (including a complete list of publications), and contact information for three references, one of which should be your Ph.D. advisor.