Graduate Admissions Specialist - Computer Science (131103)
Graduate Admissions Specialist
Department of Computer Science
The Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Computer Science is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Admissions Specialist. This position will administer the admissions process for all graduate programs in the Department of Computer Science (CS).
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, review and process applications to the CS graduate programs. Follow up with applicants on missing items, receipt of required documentation and decisions once made. Respond to inquiries from prospective students.
- Organize, schedule and attend meetings pertaining to graduate admissions and initiatives. Maintain the application database with application status. Advise the admissions committee to maintain accurate admissions policies that are consistent with University admissions requirements.
- Plan and organize recruiting events such as CS Visit Days and both internal and external informational events for prospective students.
- Prepare correspondence for newly admitted graduate students for research and teaching assignments. Assist with fellowship paperwork for submission to the Graduate College.
- Curate the admissions data for the graduate programs. Prepare reports on the graduate program, applications, and admissions for the Department, College, and Graduate College. Maintain graduate program’s admissions pages on the website and assist with various publications providing admissions information for prospective students.
- Assume additional graduate programs duties as needed to further the mission of the department. May require working evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of professional experience with student admissions processes.
- Experience working independently, and as part of a team, while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Master’s degree in higher education, communication, business, engineering or a related field.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with technical tools for managing data and preparing reports.
- Experience reviewing international student transcripts for engineering or related degrees.
- Experience with event planning.
Highly qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage diverse activities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the position.
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the deadline. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by January 27, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:1. Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.2. Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.3. Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Denise Corray ([email protected]). For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
College Name or Administrative Unit:The Grainger College of Engineering Category:2-Administrative Title:Graduate Admissions Specialist - Computer Science (131103) Open Date:01/04/2021 Close Date:01/27/2021 Organization Name:Computer Science