Events Set Up Worker Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, this position will participate in loading, moving and unloading furniture and equipment to and from various locations on campus, within campus buildings, and offsite venues. Includes transporting, set-up and break-down of staging platforms and seating for campus events and involves operation of motor vehicles, fork lifts, etc.
- Operate motor vehicle, forklift and related equipment in course of moving furniture and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs.
- Place furniture and equipment onto assistive equipment (hand truck, forklift, etc.) and transfer to moving van, truck or within building; unload at new location and set up.
- Deliver, set-up and break-down tables, chairs, stages, etc. for use in campus events both on and off campus.
- Complete appropriate records/paperwork associated with moves.
- Operate necessary hand tools and power tools.
- May be required to obtain necessary materials and supplies to include direct purchase from vendors if authorized.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months job related experience
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
- Working knowledge and skills in staging processes and sequences, motor vehicle and forklift operation, use of hand tools and assembly skills.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires job holder to follow basic safety precautions in performing job duties. Must be able to lift or assist in lifting and transporting objects such as tables, chairs, boxes, platforms, etc.Requires climbing stairs and maneuvering equipment in and out of rooms, hallways and buildings. Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]