Part-Time Proctor, Testing Center
Job Title: Part-Time Proctor, Testing Center
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 33985
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for proctoring exams in a secure environment. Proctoring and testing support functions are performed in a small office environment. Teamwork, ethical judgment, and dedication to exam security are vital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers exams and monitors students throughout the duration of the exams
- Performs customer service functions, including welcoming students, providing testing instructions/information to students, and assisting students and faculty in person, by e-mail, and by phone
- Receives and logs incoming tests from instructors
- Document delivery (return tests to instructors)
- Maintains tests in a secure environment
- Makes sound, ethical judgments in regards to exam security
- Performs administrative support tasks as needed, including maintaining files, recording statistics, and entering scores in a database
- Troubleshoot test errors and equipment failure
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic Computer skills (e-mail, MS Office)
- General office machines (fax, scanner, printer, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent customer service skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Lone Star College students (and any student currently enrolled in any undergraduate program if proctoring any CLEP exams) are not eligible to work in the Assessment Center as a Proctor due to test security conflicts.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience administering or proctoring exams
Hourly Pay Rate is $11.78Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Current Lone Star College students (and any student currently enrolled in any undergraduate program if proctoring any CLEP exams) are not eligible to work in the Assessment Center as a Proctor due to test security conflicts.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.