Wake Forest Fellow
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-04
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
**If you are a current student employee of Wake Forest University please apply through the Career worklet in Workday. If you are not a currently employed at Wake Forest University you may proceed from here.**
Works on a broad spectrum of initiatives and special projects during this one-year fellowship position. Assists in communication and interaction with various internal and external constituencies. Serves as a liaison to other university offices as needed for specific projects. Is a member of the Wake Forest Fellows Program; attends monthly professional development and mentoring sessions with Mentor to develop job and profession-related skills pertinent to leadership.
Wake Forest Fellows opportunities are in the Office of the President, Office of the Dean of the College, Office of the Provost, Office of Personal and Career Development, Office of Campus Life, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Information Systems, Wake Downtown, School of Business.Job Description
- Creates and implements departmental opportunities to engage with students, staff, and others within the Wake Forest University community.
- Researches and analyzes issues in higher education and advises leadership as needed.
- Collaborates with senior administrators and various other offices and constituents to coordinate special projects.
- Assists in communication and interaction with various external constituencies, including but not limited to attendance at meetings, written correspondence, participation at special events, etc.
- Researches and drafts letters and correspondence, speeches and remarks, presentations, and other written materials as needed.
- Researches, analyzes, and studies information affecting special projects, programs, and assignments. Presents information as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with relevant work or internship experience. Must be a member of the Wake Forest University undergraduate graduating class for the most recent/current academic year.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Skill in prioritizing workflow and managing resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in technical and computer skills including MS Office; Word, Excel, database management, the Internet and other relevant software, plus operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to research, assemble, and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Detail oriented in coordinating activities and completing assignments.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Experience in Google Sites development, design, and maintenance.
Responsible for own work only.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.Additional Job Description
This position will close on Friday, January 22 at 12:01 a.m.
If you are a current employee of Wake Forest University please apply through the Career worklet in Workday. If you are not a currently employed at Wake Forest University you may proceed from here.
The Fellows program is a year appointment.
The salary for all Fellows is $35,568.
You are eligible for benefits at the University sponsored rates. Coverage begins the first of the month following or coincident with date of employment.
You are eligible for two weeks of paid time off.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Recruiting team via email at AskHR@wfu.edu or by calling 336-758-4700Time Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.