Programmer Analyst II
Programmer Analyst II -Application AdmininstrationUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Programmer Analyst IILocation:
Enterprise SystemsRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$7,369 + Commensurate with ExperienceJob Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
- Ability to manage several enterprise applications with high-profile impacts for students, faculty and staff across campus
- Experience administering applications hosted on Unix and/or Windows servers
- Demonstrated ability to grasp, apply, and transition to new technology
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface and collaborate with technical teams, analysts, and customers
- Ability to translate non-technical customer requests into technical requirements
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience working with databases and understanding of how they relate to enterprise applications
- Experience in Higher Education IT
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner Student Information System
- Experience working with Ellucian Degree Works
- Understanding of Identity Management processes
- Additionally, any of the following is a plus
- Experience writing integration interfaces between Banner SIS and third parties
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Experience with Degree Works localizations and/or XML
- Experience with Banner Workflow, Banner Document Management, or Evisions FormFusion
- Experience with CS Gold/CBORD and/or UC4/Automic scheduler
We are hiring an application administrator with experience supporting and trouble-shooting multiple enterprise applications. This individual will divide their time between supporting and maintaining our existing applications and contributing to the development of new ones. The exact split will depend on the experience and interests of the selected candidate, as well as the needs of the department. We have a strong interest in a candidate capable of joining our Identity Management team, but are equally happy to consider a different fit within our application support team.About Us
You would be joining a dynamic group of developers and application managers that make up the Student Information Systems (SIS) team in Enterprise Systems. Within the business needs of the department we work hard to find the best fit for the interests and expertise of our highly-qualified staff. The work we do is integral to the day to day business of the University and directly affects the sucess of faculty, staff and students.About You
We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of how to provide top-tier support for enterprise applications. The right candidate will be able to solve problems in a self-directed manner, will be comfortable working with customers, and will have the strong communication skills to do so sucessfully.Benefits
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation. We value work/life balance and offer great benefits including:
- Excellent 100% paid medical insurance, plus 50% paid dependent coverage
- 12 vacation days per year, increasing with years of service
- 12 sick days per year
- 13-14 days of paid holiday per year
- Pension plan with 6.8% employer contribution
- Support for enrolling in courses
- Support for pursuing professional development opportunities
- Identify potential problems, evaluate application performance against documented requirements, and actively determine specifications and standards for applications
- Troubleshoots application errors or applications not operating. In conjunction with users, isolates problems from symptoms, determines solution or alternatives, develops and implements a resolution. Assists with application software upgrades
- Work independently and participate as a member of one or more software development teams and project teams charged with developing and maintaining enterprise applications using a variety of software development technologies in a Microsoft Windows and/or Red Hat Linux environment
- Communication to include in-person communication with project team and clients; provide timely and effective communications with peers, managers, other technical support personnel and relevant stakeholders
- Participate constructively in project meetings and provide ongoing status to peers, project management, and management
- Remain current in evolving technologies as well as currently used technologies and methodologies
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and practices when appropriate
- Work with internal clients to gather resources on how to approach a particular business problem
- Communicate, track, and close software enhancements and defects
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage packages, scripts, programs, customizations, interfaces, and reports as needed
- Work closely with functional user departments to gather requirements, clarify process details, implement testing procedures, verify test results
- This is a remote-friendly position with a somewhat flexible Monday-Friday, 8a-5p work schedule.
- Technology Resources is unable to sponsor or transfer visa sponsorship for this position.
01/04/2021Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.