Postdoctoral ScholarJob Posting Number:
Ingram School of EngineeringPosition Description:
The Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar position. The successful applicant will join the newly launched Civil Engineering program of the Ingram School of Engineering and will be supervised by Dr. Togay Ozbakkaloglu.
Dr. Ozbakkaloglu is particularly interested in receiving applications from candidates with demonstrated expertise in the area of concrete materials technology with an emphasis on concrete durability and sustainability. The candidates in the field of composite materials and sustainable composite structural systems, such as FRP-concrete composite members, are also strongly encouraged to apply.
The tasks of the selected candidate include, but are not limited to:
• Provide support in the preparation of grant proposals and reports
• Carry out research and co-author articles in peer reviewed international journals and conferences.
• Help PI develop and maintain research labs
• Advise undergraduate and graduate students within the research group
The anticipated start date of the postdoctoral scholar position is March 1, 2021 or soon after. Funding is available for two years; however, the initial appointment will be for one year and it may be extended depending on the performance.Required Qualifications:
• PhD in Civil Engineering or a closely related discipline.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in conducting research in the area concrete materials and/or composite materials and structures.
• Experience in preparing and submitting research proposals and successfully competing for multiple avenues of research funds from national and international bodies.
• International research profile as evidenced by a significant track record of publications in high-impact refereed journals.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellence in designing and performing experiments related to structural materials and components, in particular in the area of concrete and composite materials and structures.
• Experience in supervision of master’s and PhD students.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, manage, and maintain significant inter-institutional collaborations.
Review of applicants will begin on January 15, 2021 and continue until position is filled. Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34329.
Applicants should submit a current curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and contact info for three references); cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate, and unofficial transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official doctoral transcripts.Proposed Start Date:
March 2021Review Date:
01/15/2021Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: