Report Developer/AnalystPosting Number:
IT Data Management - EntryClassification Code:
482DMRCW Exemption Criteria:
No ExemptionEWU Position Number:
P-461120 - IT Programmer AnalystFLSA:
Non-ExemptBargaining Unit :
BU 1% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
I - 2Salary Information:
$59,436 – $78,000Anticipated Start Date:
04/01/2021Term of Appointment:
Yes - BothResponsible HR User:
Vara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email address:
- Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Report Developer/Analyst. This position is responsible for specifying, developing, writing and testing reports and data queries from various enterprise systems as requested by University Advancement, University employees and outside donors. This includes managing the priorities and expectations of user requests and communication progress back to the users.
- The Report Developer/Analyst ensures that the report requests are clearly defined, data remains consistent and the end product is produced in a form that suits the needs of the requestor and that proper security provisioning is allocated to report repositories. Additionally the Report Developer/Analyst works closely with both clients and the Database Administrator on tasks that include planning and development and troubleshooting of data consistency issues. This position will need to modify and maintain then document all reports, processes and procedures for enterprise systems.
- The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, tuition waiver benefit and more.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
University, local, regional and state mandates for public and personal protection should be followed as needed.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology discipline or four years equivalent experience.
- Work related experience (two or more years) in the area of information systems.
- One year experience building/maintaining with crystal reports or another reporting platform.
- Demonstrated abilities in each of the following areas:
- Working independently
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate in both spoken and written form to diverse constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Minimum one year data analysis experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) to include data query, extraction, formatting and understanding schemas.
- Write Multi-join SQL queries.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience with Millennium software.
- Knowledge and experience working in a higher education and/or fundraising environment with areas dealing with information systems management and support systems.
- The position is officially located on our Cheney Campus with regular office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- We are abiding by the Governor’s guidance and allow teleworking with supervisor’s approval.
01/04/2021Open Until Further Notice:
01/18/2021Screening to Begin:
01/19/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online applicant portal located at http://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
Required application materials and information must include:
1. Cover letter, which explains how you meet or exceed each of the qualifications of the position, required and preferred if applicable. The preferred format is to provide a bulleted list within the body of the cover letter.
2. Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position.
3. List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
4. Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
5. Diversity Response: As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Profile% of Time:
40Responsibility / Duty:
Duty: Design and Development. Design and develop data reports with considerations that include organization reporting standards, completeness, reasonableness, accuracy and comparability to other data.
•Collaborate with vendors, server teams, database administrators, the security team, and customers to provide reporting services that includes the collection, compilation and classification of data.
•Develops, codes, tests, and implements specifications for standard regional, divisional or multifunctional applications and reports.
•Design processes for non-routine automated update and maintenance of application reports: analyze needs, write design specifications, process flow descriptions and technical specifications. Program, test, verify, and maintain these processes.
•Acts as a liaison on the development of reports and modifications to existing/applications reports.
•Demonstrate technical as well as business knowledge of the overall impact of reporting initiative.
•For ongoing or well-defined statistical reporting and research activities, responsible for review and interpretation of results; in a data gather activity, evaluate data for accuracy and completeness, resolve discrepancies and recommend changes in report procedure.
•Maintaining 500+ reports that are used daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
•Access data from computer files and write or use computer programs to generate reports.
•Code, test, debug, implement and document complex reports. Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as report program code and technical documentation.
•Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified report programs.
•Design and maintain systems to integrate application reports with electronic information kept in various departments on campus and unit wide: analyze needs, write design specifications, process flow descriptions and technical specifications. Will include data analysis and normalization to develop integrated database systems. Program, test, verify, maintain and provide support for these systems.
Outcome: Adapt to evolving reporting requirements and usage; reports meet constituent specifications and provide anticipated results.Essential Function Indicator:
Yes% of Time:
20Responsibility / Duty:
Duty: Quality Assurance and Analysis. Explore data in order to extract meaningful insights which can be used to improve organizational performance.
•Perform assigned phases of research and/or data analysis including: identifying necessary sources of information, developing criteria for data collection and analysis, selecting basic statistical techniques for application, drawing conclusions for recommendations to administrative staff, developing preliminary findings and proposing recommended action based upon study finding.
•Perform data analysis. Maintain data repository, including design and development of applications and reports for maintaining and reviewing repository information. Train and assists staff in use of repository.
•Test and evaluate new reporting software, upgrades to CRM as it applies to reporting and/or hardware products, document characteristics, and make recommendations.
•Design systems and reports to meet organizational needs. Prepare detailed specifications from which reports are developed and coded. Ensure reports meet standards and technical specifications; perform technical analysis and component delivery.
•Gather information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements.
•Participate in organizational studies; conduct and assist in planning research or statistical projects; establish criteria, select samples according to guidelines, and determine procedures for editing, coding and summarizing, tabulating and analyzing data; develops new methods for estimating data.
•Devise and assure the design, performance and review of various statistical analyses involving characteristics such as donors, finances, gifts, education and location.
•Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
Outcome: Collects and studies data with focus on transforming data into useful information for organizational business needs and improvement.
Yes% of Time:
20Responsibility / Duty:
Duty: Maintain. Ensure reports and reporting systems are both reliable and available.
•Upgrade reporting application software and configurations routinely to address security patches, bug fixes, performance issues and addition of new features.
•Plan and execute maintenance tasks for reporting applications and services.
•Maintain code and reporting repositories.
•Ensure reporting application and service licenses are met and maintained.
•Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
•Review and audit reports; verify anticipated results and update as needed to maintain organizational reporting standards and operations.
•Balance the need for maintenance with improvements with providing campus reporting functionality and stability.
•Manage updated reporting documentation of changes, additions and updates.
Outcome: Reporting environment is kept stable, up-to-date, documented and service is maintained with minimal interruptions and planned downtime.Essential Function Indicator:
Yes% of Time:
10Responsibility / Duty:
Duty: Administration. Perform administrative tasks in support of other Advancement Services team needs.
•Develop and maintain detailed documentation for all job duties to provide repeatability and business continuity; provide overview diagrams for environment.
•Develop policies and procedures for focuses on the alignment of reporting services, the needs of external entities and aligns to the strategic business initiative.
•Build and maintain relationships with our suppliers and service providers by sharing priorities and relevant system configuration information.
•Pursue professional development opportunities to keep current with technological advancements and improve skill set.
•Participate in negotiations and ensure system support contracts are in place for critical reporting systems.
•Plan, schedule and coordinate projects and tasks.
Outcome: Undertake administrative tasks and responsibilities that ensure both business continuity and job satisfaction.
10Responsibility / Duty:
Duty: Testing. Conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the design team.
•Analyze the specifications of the software. Going over code, familiarizing with software objectives and evaluating the system requirements.
•Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
•Executing tests on software usability.
•Analyzing test results and database impacts, errors or bugs and usability.
•Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
•Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
•Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
Outcome: Reduce the number of bugs in software and down time due to changes required in CRM software.