Associate Director of Clinical Training
Job location: Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-04
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are currently searching for an Associate Director of Clinical Training to join our Washington, DC Campus.
The Associate Director of Clinical Training serves as an integral member of the Clinical Psy.D. program and assist the Direct of Clinical Training in overseeing students’ practicum and internship experiences. The Associate Director of Clinical Training acts as a secondary adviser to students related to their professional goals and development. This person works collaboratively with training site supervisors, as well as academic program faculty advisors on training related manners. This position reports to the Clinical Psy.D. Director of Clinical Training.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a network of practicum sites, including visiting sites and building relationships with site supervisors.
- Assist students in site selection and review of application materials for practicum and doctoral internship.
- Assist students who are encountering issues related to their practicum and internship experience.
- Monitor progress of practicum performance, including evaluations, hour logs, and related paperwork.
- Track data related to practicum and internship placements.
- Advise on and engage in remediation planning for students.
- Communicate with academic department around issues of professional development, training concerns, rules and regulations, and the search and placement process.
- Participate in department-level strategic planning.
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework pertinent clinical training.
- Teach 6 credits, as assigned by the Clinical Psy.D. Department Chair.
- Participate in re-accreditation efforts.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse population.
- Act in a way that embodies the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Maintain ethical behavior and the ability to demonstrate ethical decision making related to training concerns.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Attend Faculty Council meetings.
- Attend Clinical PsyD. Department meetings.
- Attend DC Directors of Clinical Training meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Training.
- Doctoral-level, licensed Clinical or Counseling Psychologist.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car to visit training sites as needed.
- Prior experience with supervision and training of graduate level students.
- Prior teaching at the graduate level.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of best practices related to clinical training
- Ability to remain calm and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Thinks critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicates ideas and information effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and demands.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others effectively.
- Knowledge of local and national training and licensing requirements.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.