PHARMACY MANAGER-North Pavilion Retail Pharmacy
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
North Pavilion Retail Pharmacy – This position offers a unique opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, business-minded and customer-focused individual to lead a team of pharmacists and technicians that provides retail pharmacy services at Duke University Hospital.
The North Pavilion retail pharmacy manager will oversee all aspects of the pharmacy operations as well as personnel management and development.
The manager will ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, 3rd party payer mandates and organization and department policy and procedures.
The North Pavilion retail pharmacy manager leads and supports efforts aimed at assuring business sustainability and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Review and dispense prescription medications to patients, pursuit to appropriate provider orders. Provide counseling and education to patients on appropriate medication use
· Provide drug information services to healthcare partners and caregivers
· Maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet the needs of the unit
· Monitor productivity metrics as well as financial performance metrics and make adjustments as deemed necessary to meet unit targets
· Ensure appropriate inventory management practices are consistently deployed
· Supervise pharmacist and technicians in their day-to-day work
· Recruit and assists in hiring high-performing employees for the unit, division and department.
· Provide ongoing and timely feedback to staff in an effort to enhance work culture, work efficiency and productivity.
· Serve as a pharmacy representative on committees
· Ensure compliance with controlled substance distribution and control system.
· Demonstrate collaboration with inter and intra-departmental work groups.
· Serve as a mentor and preceptor for prospective students and residents.
· Lead the pharmacy team in maintaining compliance of regulatory and institution-specific medication management policies, guidelines, and procedures.Level Characteristics
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree OR BS Pharmacy Degree
Three years of pharmacy practice experience; Managerial/supervisor experience preferred
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Licensed Pharmacist or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.