Program Coordinator of Christian Leadership
Company: Shorter College
Job Title: Program Coordinator of Christian Leadership
Department: Academic Affairs
Status: Exempt – Full-time
Start Date: Upon completion of Drug Test and Background Checks
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Salary Expectations: Commensurate with Experience and Education
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
SUMMARY, ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for providing departmental leadership for the Christian Leadership major.
• Prepare class schedules and teach four (4) classes per regular semester (12 credit hours);
• Recruit, interview, and recommend instructors (faculty) to the Academic Dean for hiring;
• Advise students on academic matters, including class loads, class changes, registration, etc.;
• Evaluate students' academic progress and recommend students for graduation;
• Coordinate the department's curriculum and program review.
• Serve as Academic Advisor and the advisor to the Department's Student Club(s).
• Serve on College committees: Department Heads, Library, Curriculum Review, Faculty Senate
• Provide academic reports, including class schedules and department's student enrollment
• Assist in the student recruitment and perform other duties assigned by the President or Dean.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• A doctorate degree in a Religious studies field from an accredited institution is preferred
• Three (3) years of teaching experience in a post-secondary institution is preferred
• At least two (2) years of supervisory experience in an educational stetting is preferred
• Ability to organize and conduct department meetings
• Knowledge of curriculum and program review
• Experience using technology in an educational setting
• Good interpersonal relations and good communication skills
• Ability to advise students on academic matters
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong oral and written communication skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have knowledge of working in an urban community. Skilled in the use of standard office software and student information system software. Able to handle multiple and changing tasks and priorities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not Applicable
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work on a college campus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Not Applicable
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] or Mail to: 604 Locust Street, North Little Rock AR, 72214
For more information, visit: http://www.shortercollege.edu/human-resources/
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency