Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) is nonprofit program of the University of California dedicated to the delivery of superior, California-specific legal resources and solutions to the state's lawyers. Founded in 1947 to help WWII veterans returning home resume the practice of law, CEB, now located in Oakland, supports the University of California's education and public service mission by providing the finest research, writing, and presentation by the best and brightest lawyers in the state.
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team. Under the direction of the Director of Finance, you will be primarily responsible for managing the general ledger in order to ensure the accuracy of the Company's financial statements. Other duties will include; overseeing the daily reporting activities of the accounting department, monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing account reconciliations and financial statements, maintaining oversight of the various accounting systems, adherence of CEB's accounting methods, practices and policies in tandem with UCLA policies and practices.
As a closely-knit team, we have high expectations for one another. We place a premium on accuracy, and transparency. We are looking for someone who embraces these beliefs and enjoys working autonomously as well as in a group setting.
- Full-Time, Exempt
- Oakland, CA
- $5,167.00 - $9,166.67 monthly
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, as well as working knowledge of governmental fund accounting and corporation accounting practices
- Demonstrated competence in performing complex financial analysis and problem solving
- Detail oriented, organized and able to work independently, along with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Licensed CPA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency