Vice President, Resource Development / Executive Director Polk State College Foundation
Vice President, Resource Development / Executive Director Polk State College Foundation
About the Opportunity:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This executive position reports to the College President and is an excellent opportunity within the College's leadership team. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
About the Position:
The Vice President, Resource Development reports directly to the President, serves as the Executive Director for the Polk State College Foundation, and is primarily responsible for college-wide fundraising, development programming, alumni relations, and grant acquisition and oversite.
Serves as the Executive Director of the Polk State College Foundation, a direct support organization of the college and provides administrative leadership and executive direction to the Foundation and development staff.
- Works directly with Foundation Board of Directors to ensure that they are provided with the information and support necessary to effectuate successful Foundation operations. Leads the Foundation Board of Directors through periodic mission, vision, and goal setting. Facilitate the development of the strategic plan with the Board to ensure the Foundation can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Provides leadership and direction in consultation with the President and the Foundation Board of Directors in the areas of prospect cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Works with Leadership and Foundation Team to create a comprehensive fundraising program including major gift solicitation; corporate, individual, and foundation/organization giving; planned giving; alumni and employee giving campaigns; special events; and capital campaigns. Increase the number and level of major gifts to the Foundation based on a baseline target.
- Plans, organizes, and directs fund raising activities sufficient to meet the College's and Foundation's fund-raising goals. Directs and administers the overall strategic planning and activities to achieve outcomes in key areas including donor development, direct fundraising, and Board development. Provide leadership in the creation and execution of a development plan to support College initiatives.
- Represents the College and Foundation to the area's business communities, executives, and potential donors by promoting the understanding of and seeking support for college activities and programs. Speaks and networks at civic and community group meetings, chambers of commerce and economic development council to raise an awareness/understanding of PSC's mission and goals.
- Serves as a member of the Florida Council for Resource Development to ensure Polk State is capitalizing on grant opportunities and statewide professional development.
- Provides oversight for and keeps College President and Foundation Board apprised of income and expenditures of the Foundation and Development budgets and regularly reports as requested on the performance of the Foundation and development department.
- Directs the development and maintenance of funding resource files, including donor tracking, acknowledgement systems, alumni database, and donor prospects.
- Provides leadership for an alumni program that meets the needs of alumni and the College.
- Serves as liaison with faculty, staff, and administration in identifying funding priorities for the College and Foundation and coordinates activities in grant and fiscal resource development in a thorough and timely manner.
- Creates and recommends policies and procedures to the President and Foundation Board relating to Institutional Resource Development. Ensures policies and procedures meet/follow all federal and state guidelines.
- Serves as a member of the President's Executive Leadership Team.
- Performs other appropriate assignments and special projects as requested by the College President.
This position is a level P21. To determine starting salary, Polk State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors.
- The ability to establish an effective rapport with office staff, co-workers, Foundation Board members, current and potential donors, members of the business community, civic group, and economic development group members.
- Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation industry guidelines is required as well as an ability to demonstrate in word and action, an understanding and awareness of community and state political climate.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal relationship skills, with special attention to details is essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines while working independently.
- Must be able to exercise sound independent judgment, demonstrate stewardship skills, and appropriate discretion within assigned role to complete assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of computer, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases systems or software.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful, but not required.
Working Conditions/Additional Information:
- Extensive weekend and evening work may be required.
- Extensive travel throughout Polk County is required.
- Must have the ability to work proficiently in busy, multi-office work area.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt well to changes.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
Certification as a Professional Fundraiser or CFRE preferred
A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a successful leadership role in a nonprofit, foundation or association, to include:
- major gift solicitation, corporate donations, individual donor initiatives, planned giving, capital campaigns, and direct mailing campaigns;
- tracking availability of and securing large federal and private grants, grant writing skills and grant management; and
- with a proven track record of achieving revenue targets of over $2 million annually.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
- a resume,
- cover letter, and
- an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
- Non-Instructional / Staff Transcripts: For professional / salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcript(s) (with confidential information redacted) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required. However, please note that education verification will be completed, for all stated degrees, on or before an interview.
- Foreign Transcripts: All international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about NACES® affiliates can be obtained at the NACES® website.
- Submission of official transcripts for all stated degrees, is required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 28, 2021.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at [email protected].
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker, Chief Diversity Officer (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; [email protected].
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Location: Winter Haven Campus
Salary Type: Annually
Employment Term: R-Regular
Assignment Type: FULLTIME
Pay Level: P21
FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply, visit https://polkstate-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1521&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992991&company_id=16397&version=1&byBusinessUnit=&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=NULL&bylocation=NULL&keywords=vice&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency