Systems Analyst, Working Level
This is an application developer position involving project and end user support of the Ellucian application suite. This position works within a group of Business/Systems Analysts responsible for ensuring that service goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time parameters, within budget, while taking a holistic approach to the integration of the applications. The employee will work as part of a team to design, code, document, test, and debug the student information system enhancements that are created from functional specifications. This position also provides support to the functional business analysts in resolving end-user issues.
The student information system enhancements are worked in a variety of solutions including ProC, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, and other web-technologies with the data stored in an Oracle Database. The employee will follow standard Software Development Life Cycle methodology along with adherence to IT best practices and standards. This position also provides support to the functional business analysts in resolving end-user issues as customer satisfaction is paramount. The tasks for this position are varied in nature and very often time critical, so organization and time-management are highly valued. As we transition into the new technology stack for Banner 9, Java will become our primary developing language.
- Develop student information system enhancements using the desired technology solution while following industry standards.
- Debug existing enhancements as needed to support business analysts in resolving end-user issues.
- Adhere to team coding standards to provide uniform solutions.
- Participate in code reviews with other developers during each release cycle for cross training.
- A strong understanding of database, design, and development logic and constructs.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Over three years of related experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Baccalaureate degree and five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with the Ellucian application suite (Banner, DegreeWorks), Oracle PL/SQL, Java, Unix, Eclipse IDE and git.
- Must be able to travel to various locations within the state of Georgia in supporting institutions, attending meetings, conferences, etc. May require occasional out of state travel for software conferences and meetings.
- Ability to research and recommend the implementation of new features and components of the application model
- Should be a self-starter who is able to identify and resolve problems with limited instruction
- Ability to understand complex, inter-related data dependencies in a modular software application
- Perform and handle complex and multi-level tasks from start to finish
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Work effectively and efficiently with team members across departments
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of programming code language and logic.
- Knowledge of internet standards.
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Knowledge of data storage systems.
- Knowledge of backup systems concepts.
- Knowledge of database development and management concepts.
- Knowledge of firewall and information security principles.
- Knowledge of server operating systems.
- Knowledge of industry best practices.
- Knowledge of system administration products and tools.
- Knowledge of application protocols, advanced networking and multi-tier application architecture.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the provision of support to end users.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.