Business System Analyst, Working Level - GeorgiaVIEW
This is a professional working level position involving task coordination and project management assignments in the support of Learning Management Systems within a team of Systems Analysts and Business Systems Analysts. The role of this position is production and project support and planning activities that support strategic and operational improvements and initiatives related to the Learning Management System, specifically focused on student information system integrations, vendor management, user and enrollment management and data & reporting. This position is responsible for ensuring that project and service goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time parameters and within budget.
- Collaborate with business system analysts and system analysts to coordinate integration between the learning management system and the student information system (SIS)
- Document requirements and provide support to campuses as part of the installation and implementation process.
- Prepare and maintain documentation related to the integration process itself.
- Maintain service and standards for SIS integrations with the LMS.
- Support strategic initiatives in the areas of SIS, User and Enrollment Management, and Data and Reporting
- Support change control process among different application support environments (e,g. development, test, production).
- Provide 24/7 on-call rotational support of applications
- Work closely with business system analysts to diagnose causes and solutions to complex institutional application errors and issues
- Utilize vendor tools, higher education user groups and vendor product user groups to diagnose issues and implement solutions
- Keep track of industry and state of the art trends in the technology relating to the multiple environments supported
- Lead and participate in quality assurance testing for supported applications and environments.
- Understand the integration of multiple applications to the learning management system and provide solutions when changes are required to any of the applications
- Collaborate with technical services when appropriate to use optimal tools for managing changes to the production application
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Over three years of related experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of USG internal operations business procedures.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of process improvement principles.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
- Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
- Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
- Knowledge of database management concepts.
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Knowledge of database programming and scripting principles.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the provision of support to end users.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.