Business Systems Analyst, Advanced Entry - General Ledger, Reporting & Asset Management
This is a professional position involving project and end user support of administrative information systems for 22 Colleges and Universities included in the GeorgiaFIRST Financials model throughout the state of Georgia while based at the central Information Technology System (ITS) office in Athens, Georgia. This high exposure role requires an ambitious and energetic analyst that will:
- Act as PeopleSoft Financial Systems functional subject matter expert to the university end-users as well as other business analysts within assigned business process areas (PeopleSoft General Ledger, Reporting and Asset Management).
- Assist Working and Senior level SME’s with technology development requests including projects, enhancements, upgrades, patches, break fixes, etc., within assigned business process area.
- Assist with strategic system analysis of business and user needs; create business cases; document requirements; design solutions; create functional specifications; maintain change documentation; create and execute test plan and test scripts; create and coordinate communications; act as implementation coordination for multi-functional initiatives within assigned business process area.
- Provide first level production support for the universities throughout the state of Georgia.
- Consider current and future business implications, leverage technology development and redesign business processes to improve how University System does business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for General Ledger and Asset Management, providing functional support to end users within a core application system and/or supporting systems.
- Work with other subject matter experts to support the integration of various application systems between multiple core application systems.
- Provide 24/7 on-call rotational support of applications.
- Assist with analyzing complex or previously unknown application issues requiring high level business expertise.
- Work with users and stakeholders to define, analyze, recommend and implement system improvements and functionality in an effort to increase customer input and improved quality.
- Analyze requirements, design and assist in development of solutions to meet business requirements.
- Document functional requirements, system design specifications, use cases, workflow diagrams, and interface designs.
- Work closely with Technical Developers to assist in development of custom solutions, fixes, patches and security.
- Participate in identifying and implementing appropriate testing strategies and prepare resulting test cases and scenarios.
- Perform system testing and assist Institutional constituents in user acceptance testing as applicable.
- Support change control process and associated tools to fully document and manage application changes.
- Provide content and identify areas that require change for end user documentation (i.e. Business Process, Training, Known issues, Release Notes, etc.).
- Participate in end user training.
- Create and submit weekly status reports.
- Participate and lead inter/intra departmental business process improvement initiatives.
- Attend relevant training seminars as permitted by workload and budget constraints.
- Participate in organization or system-provided training regarding changes in administrative services, State of Georgia law, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when developing and supporting services for both internal and external users.
- Treat customers, staff and co-workers with respect, courtesy and tact; listen well and maintain a professional relationship.
- Communicate with customers and obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; tactfully explain how organizational computer system functions apply to them.
- Provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or materials or provide supplemental information; anticipate problems and questions.
- Requires good interpersonal communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Good written communication skills are also required for writing reports and business correspondence.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be flexible, well-organized, and team-oriented.
- Must be able to work on a schedule that includes nights, weekends or holidays when required to address escalated issues.
- Must be able to travel as needed, including several consecutive overnight stays where applicable, to support organizational objectives and initiatives.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Over one year of related experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of USG business procedures.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of process improvement principles.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
- Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
- Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the provision of support to end users.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.