10018361 Chief Information Officer (INTERNAL ONLY)
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Technology Resources Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing all information technology (IT) functions for Middle Georgia State University.
- Defines, updates, and implements an information technology strategy to support the mission of the college; aligns IT objectives and programs to college objectives and strategies; facilitates the management of information technologies across the college community.
- Oversees the management of enterprise-level technology projects; provides leadership in the determination of enterprise requirements, the optimization and design of enterprise processes related to IT, and the definition and adjustment of IT standards and technologies.
- Leads information technology service teams to acquire software/hardware, to select, manage and control IT providers, to manage outsourced services, and to establish strategic service provider partnerships.
- Oversees the management of IT hardware and software resources and IT projects.
- Develops and manages all information technology related budgets.
- Serves as liaison between the college and the University System of Georgia for all IT related matters.
- Develops, implements and enforces IT policies and procedures.
- Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT technologies.
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT strategies related to server-related hardware, software, topologies, and standards in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of personnel management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
- Skill in managing technology projects at the enterprise level.
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The President assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college policies and procedures, University System of Georgia policies and procedures, anti-virus policies, appropriate use policies, firewall policies, incident response procedures, password policies, vulnerability assessment policies, software policies, and state and federal laws related to information management. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application. This position develops department guidelines.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied management duties. The necessity of managing several high-priority resource- intensive projects simultaneously contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to manage enterprise-level technology projects and day-to-day IT tasks in support of college operations. Success in this position contributes to the success of all college operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, consultants, elected and appointed officials, representatives of other colleges and universities, alumni, business and community leaders, representatives of the Board of Regents, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to motivate or influence persons, or to justify, defend or settle matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has direct supervision over Enterprise Systems Management Director (1), Network Administration Director (1), Information Technology Services Director (2), Enterprise Information Systems Director (1), and Administrative Assistant (1).
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require five to seven years of related experience.
- Position is exempt (monthly paid).
- Pay grade 27.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018361 Chief Information Officer 1.4.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D