Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Summary of Position: Directs financial operations and processes to include budgeting, cash flow, general ledger and grants accounting. Directs and coordinates the annual external audit. Develops and monitors internal controls to safeguard the assets of the college. Oversee operations and supervise employees of the business office, risk management, cashier’s office and payroll.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Facilitate and manage financial and budgetary processes - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Lead the development and implementation of College budget systems to facilitate consistent budget development, control, analysis, and reporting
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closings of the financial books of the district. Ensure that all reports are in accordance with U.S. GAAP as well as the WTCS Financial and Administration Manual (FAM)
- Review and compare actual financial results to budget and recommend corrective action
- Direct and coordinate the College’s annual external financial audit and resolve any issues identified during the audit process
- Manage the cash flow of the district and identify short-term borrowing needs and investment opportunities. Establish and maintain relationships with district banks
- Serve as the financial liaison to the Western Technical College Foundation
- Develop and maintain the annual capital borrowing plan
- Implement and enforce internal controls and college policies and procedures to safeguard the assets of the district
- Prepare special reports and/or summarize information and forecast trends
- Work with College leadership to develop an annual budget that supports the College’s strategic plan
- Compile and analyze financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide supervision and direction to staff of the business office, risk manager, casher’s office and payroll
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics
- Provide oversight to the grants and general ledger accounting functions
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Master's degree preferred.
- 4 years' experience in related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- If no CPA, three years’ of additional experience in related field
This position reports to: Vice President Finance & Operations
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $96,057 - $121,112
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS, Employee Wellness Programs and more.
Applicant review will begin: January 25, 2021
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.