Student Security Officer (part-time)
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Under supervision of the Security Coordinator, performs a wide variety of college campus security services using the Community Policing Model to prevent theft, violence, and to provide access to classrooms and buildings. Will engage in enforcing the rules and regulations governing students, faculty, and staff with superior customer service and ethical integrity.
The Student Security Officer position is a non-sworn position and is not authorized to carry a firearm or make arrests.
This position is part-time and could work up to 27 hours per week which includes weekends, holidays and all weather conditions
You must currently be enrolled at Western Technical College and have at least 6 credits and in good academic and non-academic standing.Essential Functions
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required. Perform other duties as assigned.
2. General Student Security Officer Duties - Supporting Duty Statements:
- Lock and unlock office and classroom doors as directed
- Patrol campus facilities and parking lots and may assist with parking enforcement
- Check assigned areas for non-authorized individuals and/or suspicious activities
- Provide customer service to students, staff, and the public at Western Campus Locations
- Immediately report any serious incident to the proper authority and provide incident assistance as directed
- Check for maintenance problems and safety/security concerns while completing patrols
- Complete duty reports, incident reports, and injury reports as needed
- Knowledge of Customer Service Principles
- Ability to work independently, follow directives, and communicate effectively
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to interpret and clearly provide written and oral instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Successfully pass criminal background check, drug screening, physical, and fitness for duty exam as required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Currently Enrolled at Western Technical College at least 6 credits and in good academic and non-academic standing
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Students with a background in Criminal Justice training or related work history preferred
- Valid Drivers License
This position reports to: Security Coordinator
Starting salary: $11.25 per hour
This position is part-time and could work up to 27 hours per week which includes weekends, holidays and all weather conditions.
You must currently be enrolled at Western Technical College and have at least 6 credits and in good academic and non-academic standing.
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.