Student Services Coordinator: Graduate Program
Job Title: Student Services Coordinator: Graduate Program
Location: Americus, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222804
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Job Summary
This position coordinates student recruitment and admissions functions for the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Review of applications will begin on January 25th.
- Coordinates recruitment activities. (20%)Develops and implements marketing and recruitment strategies for undergraduate and graduate programs.Attends Career Day events.Provides tours for potential students.Updates and manages school webpage.Updates brochures and flyers.
- Processes student applications. (45%)Processes inquiries and applications for undergraduate and graduate programs.Ensures applications are complete before forwarding to Admission Committee.Coordinates with university admission staff.Assists students with transfer processes.
- Assists with data management and reporting. (25%)Manages nursing admission, retention, and graduation data; tracks students.Assists Dean and faculty with program assessment reporting.
- Performs a variety of related duties. (10%)Provides student advisement as assigned.Registers students for classes.
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.More than one year of related experience required.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of school admissions policies and procedures.Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.Knowledge of degree program requirements.Knowledge of marketing and student recruitment principles and practices.Skill in the completion and maintenance of accurate reports.Skill in decision making and problem solving.Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.Skill in oral and written communication.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.