Web Project Manager
Web Project Manager
The Web Project Manager establishes web project scope by incorporating strategic, business and marketing needs and technical requirements of the content management system, web standards and accessibility for large complex projects and ongoing web needs of the University.
This position will develop and implement web plans and timelines to meet objectives, planning project life-cycle, deliverables and resources. Work includes building out websites in University content management system, working with web team on custom web content, monitoring project progress, tracking action items, researching and resolving issues, responding to team and partner’s concerns, providing analytics and staying within the strategic, business and marketing plan for the project.
This role will be highly collaborative requiring coordination with marketing leadership, marketing team members, University partners and vendors.Qualifications:
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, business, related technical discipline
- Five or more years experience managing projects in web and technology production
- Proven experience in web development, website infrastructure and architecture and web accessibility
- Experience with project management software and web content management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both technical and non-technical terms
- Experience in using and interpreting Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and tools to track and measure the web experience.
- A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Resourceful self-starter who can work independently and translate feedback and direction into successful solutions in a timely manner.
- A high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility, ability to work well with others and integrity.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, tight time constraints and periodic high-volume circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written; can interact with all levels of an organization
- Previous experience in managing direct reports and teams preferred.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.