Nursing Clinical Coordinator
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, 12-month administrative staff position in the Department of Nursing to begin February 15, 2021.
Requirements for the position include:
- Earned Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Texas or be eligible for licensure in Texas.
- Commitment to excellence in nursing education with undergraduate students consistent with the Department’s Mission, Values, and Program Outcomes.
- Evidence of at least two years of clinical expertise in medical-surgical nursing, obstetrical, pediatric, mental health/psychiatric, leadership, and/or public/community health nursing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for identifying issues, communicating with stakeholders (faculty, students, staff and agencies), and obtaining support for the nursing program).
- Ability to drive to clinical sites to maintain current and build new relationships for clinical placements.
- Ability to be available to work throughout the workday and a few evenings per week, as well as occasional weekends.
- Ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the department and across campus.
- Commitment to university/community service, outreach, and continued professional development.
- Commitment to attracting, retaining, and educating students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University.
- Preference may be given to candidates who also offer one or more of the following:
- Evidence of experience in building and promoting community relationships, including developing student practicums in nursing.
- Evidence of successful clinical teaching experience in a specialty in nursing such as medical-surgical nursing, obstetrical, pediatric, mental health/psychiatric, leadership, and/or public/community health nursing.
- Evidence of contributions to diversity and/or experience working with underrepresented student populations, as well as professionals and patient populations of such backgrounds.
- Evidence of experience working within the rules, laws, and regulations relating to BSN programs in Texas.
- ANA or other appropriate certification in specialty or APRN.
- The Department of Nursing has full approval from the Texas Board of Nursing to offer a baccalaureate degree in nursing and is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001. We have an excellent pre-licensure NCLEX-RN pass rate and employment rate for our graduates. The curriculum is designed to prepare graduates for a nursing career and requires all students to be involved in faculty-mentored undergraduate research. Information about the Department of Nursing is available at www.tlu.edu/nursing.
- Salary is competitive, with excellent benefits. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. For more information, consult our website at www.tlu.edu.
Texas Lutheran University seeks applicants who understand the importance of diversity particularly as it pertains to Hispanic Serving Institutions. We seek candidates who have the professional skills, experience, and/or willingness to enhance campus diversity in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan.
Please submit along with a TLU application, a cover letter addressing the above criteria. Provide along with the cover letter, a current curriculum vitae along with a statement of teaching and nursing philosophy and a statement that addresses your contributions to diversity and/or your experience working with students, patients and professional populations of underrepresented groups. Also required is a list of three professional references (names, titles, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers). Applicant must arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be submitted separately. Single-file, electronic submissions are preferred.
Please submit to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Email: [email protected]
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution and has been recognized consistently as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and has been featured in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings in various categories. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the University. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply.