Director of Housing
Director of Housing
The Director of Housing is a full-time, 12-month position that reports directly to the Dean of Residential Learning. The Director of Housing is responsible for operational processes, including room assignment processes, to house approximately 2400 students within 12 different residential housing areas. The Director of Housing also directly coordinates and provides oversight for Undergraduate Married Housing and Graduate Housing areas and serves on the Residential Learning leadership team.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The Director of Housing position reports directly to the Dean of Residential Learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee all aspects of the housing process for new and returning students, project annual housing needs, and manage available campus housing
·Coordinate and oversee Graduate Housing and Married Housing areas, including supervision of Graduate Assistants for these areas.
· Serve as member of the Residential Learning Leadership Team, helping to provide vision, oversight, and development for 10 Resident Directors and up to 4 Graduate Assistants
· Coordinate room changes, cancellations, and additions before, during, and between Fall Semester, Spring Semester, May Term and Summer Sessions.
· Communicate with students, parents, and employees that have questions or concerns related to residential student housing
· Communicate all housing processes and expectations to returning residential students
· Oversee the programming, training, and implementation of the housing system software
· Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with Admissions, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, and other key partners across campus.
· Partner with Food Service provider to implement meal plan options and ensure proper billing.
· Manage operational budgets of areas under direct supervision
· Communicate with RDs regularly to ensure housing records are complete and accurate
· Assist with the presentation of housing information to prospective families during New Student Registrations
· Serve as the content manager for Housing on the university portal and external website
· Maintain residence hall room furniture inventory
· Coordinate all aspects of the U-Loft in-house lofting program
· Serve on committees and taskforces within the university as assigned and requested
· Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with Indiana Wesleyan University's mission and goals
· Fulfill other related duties as assigned.
The Director of Housing directly supervises Graduate Assistants for Undergraduate Married Housing and Graduate Housing areas.QUALIFICATIONS
According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
Education· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Student Affairs or related field strongly preferred.Experience· Prior leadership in Residence Life or a residential community preferred.· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.Required Skills· Ability to work both independently and as a willing and effective member of a larger team.· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.· Excellent organizational and administrative abilities.· Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer