We have multiple positions available in various work schedules (shifts), as listed below. The primary shifts we are recruiting for at this time are the weekend shifts. Monday through Friday5:00am - 1:30pm6:00am - 2:30pm7:00am - 3:30pm2:00pm - 10:30pm11:00pm - 7:00am (beginning on Sunday night at 11:00pm, last day on Friday morning at 7:00am) Weekend shiftsFriday through Tuesday, 6:00am - 2:30pmFriday through Tuesday, 4:00am - 12:30pmThursday through Monday, 7:00am - 3:30pmWednesday through Sunday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
Job ID: 2020-12230
# of Openings: 1
Category: Maintenance and Custodial Services
The Custodian is responsible for all phases of cleaning within the University. Work sites will vary but do include dormitories, athletic buildings, lab/research areas, academic buildings and office areas. Typical tasks will include dusting, mopping the floor, cleaning restrooms, replenishing bathroom supplies, trash removal, vacuuming and extracting carpets, stripping and refinishing of floors, changing light bulbs, and setting up chairs and tables for special events/meetings. This position routinely interacts with members of the campus community and serves a vital role in providing excellent service to the occupants of the University buildings in which they work.
- Clean bathrooms and fill all dispensers.
- Clean light fixtures and change light bulbs if fixtures can be reached with a 6’ ladder.
- Empty trash receptacles. Transfer trash and recyclables to dumpster sites.
- Mop, vacuum, extract, and burnish floor surfaces.
- Inspect assigned work areas for maintenance, cleaning and safety needs.
- Clean stairwells and elevators.
- Spot clean windows.
- Clean building exterior of cigarette butts and debris and shovel snow within the immediate vicinity of a building entrance.
- Set up furniture for special functions.
- Check fire extinguishers.
- Dust wall and horizontal surfaces.
- Extract carpets, strip, and refinish floors.
- Distributes exam books.
- Shovel snow and remove ice from Building Entrances.
- Operate scooters for transporting personnel, trash, materials, etc.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Manually transport furniture.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Must be able to comprehend written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be able to operate manual and power janitorial equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for driving University golf carts/scooters.
- Stand or walk 2-4 hours at one time for 6-8 hours per day.
- Lift or carry up to 10 pounds frequently (34 – 66% of the workday).
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (up to 33% of the workday) and in a range of motions from floor to shoulder height.
- Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead.
- Push or pull using forces up to 10 pounds constantly (over 66% of the workday).
- Push or pull using forces up to 60 pounds occasionally (up to 33% of the workday).
- Frequently use hands for simple grasping, pushing, or pulling.
- Bend, push, or pull frequently (33-66% of the workday).
- Squat, knell, climb, reach overhead, or lift overhead occasionally (up to 33% of the workday).
- Climb stairs, climb a 6-foot ladder, shovel snow, and work outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Possess full range of body motions and physical agility.