Postdoctoral Research Scholar - Animal Science
110701 - Animal ScienceDepartment:
110701 - Animal ScienceJob City & State:
Raleigh, NCEssential Job Duties:
The Department of Animal Science at NC State University invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Scholar position under the direction of Dr. Jicai Jiang. The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will be expected to develop and deploy statistical methods and software for large-scale genotype-phenotype analysis. Specific projects include:
- partitioning heritability by functional annotations for animal genomes
- fine-mapping complex traits with biobank-scale phenotype/genotype data
- leveraging polygenic functional enrichment to improve genomic predictions
Responsibilities will include:
- conducting collaborative scientific research
- writing journal paper publications and presenting research at scientific conferences
- contributing to the training of graduate/undergraduate students
- contributing to grant applications
- participating in career development workshops and activities
Other duties as assigned.Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, weekends as research requires.Department Required Skills:
- PhD in quantitative genetics, statistical genetics, animal breeding and genetics, or equivalent subjects.
- Strong background in statistics.
- Ability to work collaboratively with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in genomic data analysis (e.g., GWAS, genomic prediction).
- Proficiency in programming (Python, C/C++, Julia or other).
- Experience in genomic software development.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$48,000Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.