Job Title: Research Assistant
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35233
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI
Missouri Prevention Science Institute
Research Assistant PositionThe Missouri Prevention Science Institute is recruiting for two full-time research assistants to help support the coordination of several large-scale school-based group randomized trials to evaluate the efficacy educational of interventions. Responsibilities:The person filling this position will be responsible for assisting with overall project coordination under the supervision of the research associate director. The key responsibilities include:
• Helping organize and manage materials and resources related to successful project completion.
• Assisting with efforts to recruit participants into the project following informed consent protocols
• Helping coordinate communication among all project partners, and ensuring compliance with all regulations and requirements.
• Assist with all aspects of data collection including collection survey and ongoing fidelity data
• Assist with IRB application and compliance.
• Attend regular project planning meetings
• Prepare materials and resources supporting delivery of the intervention and all study procedures
• Other duties as assigned.Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, School Psychology, Education, Psychology, or related field at the time of appointment. Candidates will be evaluated on the following: Experience with educational and behavioral research methods. Experience coordinating or helping conduct large randomized clinical trials or other research projects. Organizational and communication skills. Experience working with diverse educational groups on outreach or research. Application Materials Apply on-line at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php. Upload (a) a letter of application in which candidates describe in detail their qualifications for the position, and (b) names and contact information for three references in the Attachments section of the application. Your CV must be uploaded in the Resume/CV and Cover Letter section. Please contact Dr. Wendy Reinke ([email protected]) for questions about the position.Beginning Review Date: Formal review of applications will begin February 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.Other Information This position will be housed with the Missouri Prevention Science Institute (MPSI).About MPSI: MPSI is a campus Center at the University of Missouri focused on improving the lives of youth, adults, and families through the application of prevention science methods. Faculty members from across campus contribute to the MPSI mission and many full-time and part-time staff and graduate students contribute to these efforts. Annual expenditures for externally funded projects are approximately $5 million with funded projects focused on rigorous evaluation of interventions, training, and public service. Our research portfolio has increased significantly in recent years, and is poised for continued significant strategic growth. MPSI is a leader on the campus and is nationally recognized for its high quality research and innovative intervention development. More information on MPSI can be found at: http://moprevention.org/.About MU and the Surrounding Community: MU is the oldest state university west of the Mississippi River and the largest of the four institutions in the University of Missouri System. In 1848, MU became the first public university in the nation to open a college specific to teacher preparation. Cultural diversity is an important goal supported by the Department, College, and MU. More information is available on the web at: education.missouri.eduMU is located in Columbia, a metropolitan community of approximately 130,000 which has been rated by Money Magazine, Men’s Journal and MSN.COM as one of the best places to live in the U.S. MU has a student body of over 34,000, and is designated as a Carnegie Research University with very high research activity. MU is one of only six universities in the U.S. that is both the flagship and land grant institution housing medicine, veterinary medicine, and law on the same campus. As an AAU member institution since 1908, MU is recognized as one of the top research and educational institutions in the nation.This position provides an opportunity to work at a world-class research university in a beautiful and diverse setting that offers a high quality of life. There are numerous opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts and Columbia has been recognized as a bike-friendly community. Both Kansas City and St. Louis are within a 90-minute drive offering the shopping and cultural opportunities of major metropolitan areas. Columbia has a very high quality public school system and provides many opportunities for art, culture and music enthusiasts.Salary Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment is unranked and non-regular, twelve-month appointment.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: