Administrative Assistant - College of Arts and Sciences - Visual and Performing Arts
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant for the Department of Visual and Performing Arts in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position will assist the department with various administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Document/record minutes of departmental meetings.
- Review, distribute and disseminate incoming/outgoing mail.
- Receive and direct visitors.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Bookkeeping and recordkeeping.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Retrieve documents from filing system.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Represent the departments at open houses outside of regular office hours on occasion. The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.Three years relevant experience, preferably in an educational environment.
- Bachelor's degree.Experience with bookkeeping/recordkeeping for academic grants preferred.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com