OPS Small Animal Operating Room Surgical On Call Tech
Job no: 515407
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28311105 - VM-OPERATING ROOM SERVICES
Advertised: 04 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 18 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
OPS SA Operating Room Surgical On Call TechnicianJob Description:
The Small Animal Operating Room Services with the Veterinary Hospital is recruiting for an OPS on call/after hour technician. This position assists with surgical procedures, performs routine and surgical nursing care functions on animal patients such as surgical preparation, aseptic technique and pre-surgical treatments. This position has a variety of responsibilities which include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that patients are prepped in a timely fashion; prepares patient for surgery in accordance with hospital standard.
- Assembles surgical supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Transports patients to/from surgical suite; positions patients according to surgical type.
- Cleans OR suites and instrumentation/equipment according to hospital standard.
- Operate a variety of machines such as scoping equipment, power equipment, instrument washers and flash sterilizers.
This position requires coverage for after hour/emergency procedures; the hours of operation are:
- Monday through Thursday 5:00 pm to 8:00 am
- Friday 5:00 pm to midnight
- Saturday/Sunday 24 hour shifts
This is a shared position with multiple technicians on the schedule and based on availability of each person.Advertised Salary:
Starting salary is $10.00 - $12.00 per hour.Minimum Requirements:
- Have at least one year of animal/clinic experience
- Able to work this position for at least two years
- Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees/staff of various levels and responsibilities
- Able to accept constructive criticism and maintain a positive attitude at work
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
In order to be considered for this position you must upload a CV/Resume and List of References.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to lift a minimum of forty pounds, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for extended periods of time.