Cloud DevOps Engineer
Job location: Charlottesville, VA - Remote - Virginia
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-04
The Cloud DevOps team at The University of Virginia is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer. A position eligible for remote work flexibility; this individual will have the opportunity to work with an agile team of DevOps engineers to architect, deploy, manage, and maintain resources in the public cloud environment. This position will be tasked with:
Developing automated provisioning, deployment, and configuration of cloud resources.
Prioritizing professional development, particularly in their understanding of cloud offerings, service updates, and new services available in the cloud environments.
Maintaining and modernizing existing workloads across a variety of on-premise and cloud platforms.
Applicants with any of the following experience are highly encouraged to apply:
- Deploying and configuring systems with Infrastructure-as-Code paradigms
- Maintaining and modernizing systems both physical and virtual into the cloud
- Working with and managing MySQL/PostgreSQL database clusters
- Understanding of cloud paradigms (tenancy, resource pools, elasticity, SOA, etc.), components (networking, hypervisors, storage, monitoring/logging/alarming, security, etc.), and service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, serverless, etc.)
- Designing, building, and supporting highly available, fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Configuring and integrating with LDAP directory services (OpenLDAP) deployments
- Understanding of Container Orchestration with Kubernetes and/or ECS and experience building/deploying Docker containers
- Developing scripts using RESTful API models for integrating workflows with AWS
- High School Diploma and 5 years of modern software development (excluding internship experience) or a related bachelor’s degree and 3 years of directly relevant experience.
[Examples include – Python, AWS, Bash/shell scripting, LDAP, developing scripts using REST/SOAP APIs, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, RDS, GuardDuty, KMS, CodeBuild/CodePipeline/CodeDeploy, ECS/Elastic Kubernetes, Lambda]
Please apply through Workday, and search for “R0020194”. Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar.
Benefits Include: The choice between 3 different health plans; vision and dental insurance; life insurance; benefits savings accounts; starting with 22 days of paid time off a year in addition to 12 or more paid holidays; 8 weeks of paid parental leave; short term disability; up to $4,360 after your first year for the combined use of tuition toward a degree-seeking program or up to $2,000 for professional development including classes, certification training/conferences; and more.
This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Anticipated Hiring Range: $80,000 - $105,000 depending upon directly relevant experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or application process please contact Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.