Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-04
The McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia seeks a Webmaster This position is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and measurement of the School’s web platforms in alignment with the enterprise-wide marketing strategy. Currently the McIntire School maintains an enterprise website, a custom portal intranet, and an array of microsites that cater to our unique audiences. As an integral part of the creative team, the role will work alongside marketers, writers, editors, video producers, IT colleagues and in-house clients to strategically plan, create and position content across the School's web instances use of Drupal and WordPress. The Webmaster will also play a role in leveraging the School's digital footprint within the context of McIntire's overall marketing and communications strategy which may include support for graphic design, email communications, social media and paid digital advertising.
- Understand the interconnectivity and become an evangelist for McIntire’s web and web application infrastructure which includes but is not limited to:
- Enterprise website WordPress blog(s) Associated microsites Portal for students, faculty, staff Calendar functions Faculty data Other needs as necessary
- Using a rigorous project management approach, oversee the front-end/back-end of McIntire’s current and upcoming web properties in coordination with teammates, clients and vendors, as needed.
- Work with numerous stakeholders to build relationships, identify goals, set measurable objectives and gather requirements and modifications for existing web presence and forthcoming properties.
- Maintain web properties, including the development of features, wire-frames, site maps components and pages in Drupal and WordPress using vendor support when needed
- Establish guiding website architecture, navigation, labels, and nomenclatures and master and leverage a robust taxonomy to drive strategic content connectivity across web properties
- Ensure a measurable, impactful execution of digital marketing tactics and web presence by making strategic content recommendations to increase website performance. Implement and oversee a range of measurement tools to collect qualitative and quantitative data about user experience (UX) including: form embeds, tracking including cookies, tags and pixels; user testing and focus groups; web analytics; and surveys. In turn, keep partners, clients, and leadership informed of progress and impact.
- Ensure the web platforms meet the highest standards of UVA and McIntire branding, editorial and graphic quality and consistency and adhere to best practices involving site architecture, navigation, process flows, page-level interactions, functionalities, usability and accessibility.
- Oversee web property maintenance, feature enhancements, and hosting agreements in concert with McIntire IT department and external web vendors as needed, providing the necessary oversight.
- Understand and drive adoption of all ADA and GDPR compliance measures in accordance with UVA directives
- Working with vendors when necessary, help to develop and maintain appropriate technical documentation to inform ongoing maintenance and feature enhancement developments for all web properties
- Ensure web properties are optimized for search engines including mobile-first, page load speeds, etc.
- Assist with html newsletter support, digital graphics, and other day-to-day Marcomm operations as needed.
- Mentor and train team members on Drupal and WordPress sites, applications and features as well as web-based products analytics and UX best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or Related Discipline with at least one year of work experience in website management; 5 years of experience in website management including hands on development will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to project manage the web development process end-to-end, including design, development and deployment of visual enhancements, features and functionality
- Knowledge of brand stewardship in the context of both visual style guidelines and a content strategy
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Required Technical Skills:
- Comfortable with Drupal content management
- Comfortable with WordPress content management
- HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Adobe Creative Suite
- MailChimp and/or Marketing Cloud
- Modern development workflows including version control and continuous integration
- Strong understanding of UX/UI principles as well as responsive and adaptive design
- Previous professional work experience in a creative or digital agency a plus
- Familiarity with concepts and fundamentals of REST API, Mongo DB, PHP, serverless architecture.
Anticipated hiring range: $68,000 - $80,000
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University policy.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0020742". Complete an application online and see below for documents to attach.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, “R0020742” complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box or you can combine them into one PDF.
Complete an application online and attach:
- Cover Letter
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.