Job descriptionJob no: 686179
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Department: Learning And Assessment Center Com 10034649
Sub Area: OTEE- Other EE
Salary: Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing, In State
Categories: On-Call, Temporary
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or an on-call position. Functions as a mock patient, responding verbally in a medical interview situation to questions directed by student physicians; provides constructive feedback regarding the students' interviewing techniques; may also be required to disrobe, responding physically and verbally to an examination of the body. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.Unit Position Summary
In a clinical-like setting (in-person or online), portrays cases similar to what learners would encounter in actual clinical settings. Simulated patients are expected to consistently and accurately portray trained cases including typical emotions, behaviors and symptoms. Case portrayals may include communication, physical examination or both. Simulated patients may also provide feedback and/or assess learners using specific measurement tools. Participation in group or individual training is expected in order to prepare for case portrayal. Work hours are variable and on an on-call basis.
- Commit to being highly dependable and punctual
- Demonstrate flexibility and reliability with scheduling and assignments
- Follow written and verbal instruction
- Provide constructive feedback to healthcare professional students and colleagues
- Work in a professional manner when interacting with learners, faculty, supervisors and peers
- Be comfortable having repeated physical examination performed on self
- Be willing to wear a hospital gown with undergarments underneath while on camera and/or observed live through an observation window or video monitor
- Recall case details and simulate all aspects of scenarios, including history of current problem, affect/behavior and physical findings, in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner
- Accurately and consistently complete checklists
- Accept ongoing feedback from educators and/or facilitators
- Be willing to be audio and videotaped during simulations
- Complete required university and departmental trainings in timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to cases, student behaviors and feedback evaluations.
- Proficiently utilizes technologies such as email, internet, and web conferencing software.
- Other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Applications will be reviewed as needed.
Please complete the SP application at the link above. We will contact you with the next recruitment session date and time which we hold approximately every two months.Work Hours
LAC.MSU.EDUSummary of Health Risks
Mildly disagreeable working conditions involving possible exposure to infectious diseases and to animal dander (cat, dog).
Advertised: Jan 4, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 3, 2022 Eastern Standard Time