Student Services Coordinator
Student Services Coordinator
Job ID: 222332
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0430401 - Student Activities
The Student Services Coordinator provides student advising, training & leadership development and campus programming oversight in the Office of Student Activities on the Statesboro campus. This position has been identified by Federal Law (Jeanne Clery Act) as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), with significant student and campus responsibilities. CSA's are obligated to report crimes reported to them which occurred on campus, in public areas bordering campus and in certain non-campus buildings owned or controlled (leased) by the University.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Direct advising/supervising and development of the University Program Board (student programming body)/Organization Leadership Consultants and other general OSA students, including establishment of leadership/professional development and inclusive programming opportunities on the Statesboro Campus.
- Facilitate and enhance current student engagement efforts including major programming
- Provide leadership development/training opportunities and serve as a resource to 300+ registered student organizations and their faculty/staff advisor
- Provide assistance in developing reports and graphical interpretation of data and information
- Supervise graduate assistant
- Serve on committees
- Serve as leader and team player to promote goals and carry out the mission of the Division of Student Affairs, Office of Student Activities and Georgia Southern University
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Supervisory experience
- Student advising experience
- Collegiate programming experience
- Experience working with registered student organizations and advisors
- Experience with Campus Labs
- Budget management
$28,100 - $34,400
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google and e-mail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written, conflict management, analytical, organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service-centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
January 14, 2020
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Occasional travel may be required
- Work in direct contact with a diverse and dynamic population
- Ability to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=222332&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency