Clinical Research Nurse - Georgetown University Medical Center
Clinical Research Nurse - Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) will provide professional nursing care to individuals participating in inpatient and outpatient clinical research studies as well as standard of care patients. The CRN will work independently with minimal supervision following institutional, departmental, and nursing guidelines. The CRN will function as an essential member of the multidisciplinary team that performs clinical research studies while simultaneously providing direct care to research subjects or patients of various health conditions and of different age groups. The CRN will
- participate in collaborative studies under the CTSA both at GU and within the community.
- be responsible and accountable for collection of specimens and/or data collection within the Clinical Research Unit (CRU) and in the community setting and in other clinical areas as required for the implementation of approved protocols.
- be well versed in the safety and regulatory aspects of clinical studies.
- adhere to safety guidelines and protocol compliance, conduct treatment and education, assist with data management, and will possess knowledge of regulations that apply to the safe conduct of clinical research.
- be expected to take a leadership role as primary nurse, working as liaison between the study team, collaborating institutions, and the CRU to provide efficient implementation of the study protocol.
These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable District of Columbia and federal laws and regulations and Georgetown's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
The CRN will be required to work days, nights and/or weekends as scheduled. The working schedule may be changed as CRU needs dictate.
The Clinical Research Nurse operates as part of a team of both nursing staff and research assistants who assist the study coordinator and Investigator in protocol implementation. The Clinical Research Nurse assures a smooth implementation of the protocol on the CRU and within the community and that the investigator's research study is implemented according to protocol. This individual is responsible to provide education to other staff members at the CRU or collaborating institutions, as needed, regarding protocols that she is the primary nurse for. In addition, the CRN will provide standard of care to non-research patients. The Clinical Research Nurse interacts with the multidisciplinary team, including study coordinators, investigators, research assistants, subjects and other health care professionals throughout the hospital system, at our CTSA partner's institutions, and within the community. These interactions include critical communications regarding patient's status as well as response to treatment.
- Solid basic nursing skills including but not limited to: excellent phlebotomy and IV skills, ACLS, assessment and implementation of nursing care procedures.
- Three years of nursing experience with preference to acute care nursing. Research experience preferred.
- Computer skills are helpful and part of the daily functions of the job.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are necessary.
- Individual will need to work with multidisciplinary team.
- Attention to details a must.
- Individual must be self-directed and motivated.
- BCLS minimum, ACLS preferred. Chemotherapy certification helpful.
- Working knowledge of MS word, excel.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Needs to possess the ability to adapt to changing patient care needs that are driven by the research environment on the CRU and within the community.
- Eager to learn and quickly master new procedures and technology.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Clinical-Research-Nurse---Georgetown-University-Medical-Center_JR09440
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency