Business Systems Analyst, Advanced Entry - PeopleSoft Recruitment
This is an advanced entry level professional position involving project and end user support of administrative information systems within a group of Business Systems Analysts responsible for ensuring that service goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time parameters, within budget, while taking a holistic approach to the integration of the applications. The role of this position is production and project support for the Recruitment and Performance Management modules within the PeopleSoft HCM system to include planning activities that are aligned with strategic and operational improvements and initiatives .
Under the general supervision of the Manager of the application area and in coordination with lead analysts, the employee will interpret and respond to user problems related to information systems as the subject matter expert (SME) and perform project task assignments. The employee will work closely with technical and managerial staff to develop and improve support procedures and ensure specific project goals are accomplished as a team. The employee initiates and owns project improvement initiatives, production support, and project related tasks within their functional area of expertise.
Tasks are varied in nature and often time critical. The customer base and the service environment are complex. Identification of and adherence to IT best practices and standard operating procedures for service area are important, however, flexibility in meeting the needs of customers is also a key consideration. Data-based decision making is expected
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as primary SME, providing functional support to end users on PeopleSoft Recruitment and Performance Management modules within the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) System .
- Serve as backup support analyst providing functional support to end users on PeopleSoft Human Resources module within core application systems .
- Work with other subject matter experts to support the integration of various application systems between multiple core application systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues requiring high level business expertise.
- Assist in the analysis of requirements, design and development of solutions to meet business requirements.
- Participate in the documentation of functional requirements, system design specifications, use cases, workflow diagrams, and interface designs.
- Work closely with senior Business Systems Analysts to assist in the development of custom solutions and fixes.
- Provide 24/7 on-call rotational support of applications.
- Participate in the implementation of appropriate testing strategy, and prepare resulting test cases and scenarios.
- Perform system testing and assist with Institutional constituents in user acceptance testing as applicable.
- Support change control process and associated tools to fully document and manage application changes.
- Provide content and identify areas that require change for end user documentation (i.e. Business Process, training, Known issues, release notes, etc.).
- Ensure requirements are defined for any changes.
- Analyze impact of changes and resolve any conflicts.
- Document modifications and work with technical analysts to deliver application program modifications and improvements to end users.
- Participate in upgrade, patch and fix analysis and system testing.
- Provide end user training.
- Participate and lead inter/intra departmental business process improvement initiatives.
- Attend relevant training seminars as permitted by workload and budget constraints.
- Participate in organization or system-provided training regarding changes in administrative services law, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when developing and supporting services for both internal and external users.
- Treat customers, staff and co-workers with respect, courtesy and tact; listen well and maintain a professional relationship.
- Communicate with customers and obtains all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; tactfully explain how organizational computer system functions apply to them.
- Provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or materials or provide supplemental information; anticipate problems and question
- Requires good interpersonal communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Good written communication skills are also required for writing reports and business correspondence
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be flexible, well-organized, and team-oriented.
- Must be able to work on a schedule that includes nights, weekends or holidays when required to address escalated issues.
- Must be able to travel as needed, including several consecutive overnight stays where applicable, to support organizational objectives and initiatives.
Bachelors degree required.
Over one year of related experience required.
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of 2-3 years related work experience and/or training in a business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Knowledge of USG business procedures.
2. Knowledge of relational database management systems.
3. Knowledge of process improvement principles.
4. Knowledge of project management principles.
5. Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
6. Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
7. Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
8. Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
9. Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
10. Skill in decision making and problem solving.
11. Skill in the provision of support to end users.
12. Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
13. Ability to effectively multi-task.