Part-Time Research Assistant
Job Identification: 14
Locations: 1 E. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60604, US
Job Schedule: Part time
Job Category: Research & Program Admin
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Part-Time Research Project Assistant will report to the director of the Center for Community Research. The part-time research assistant will help the director and the project directors of the department with tasks as needed.
Please note, this position is funded by a grant. If the grant terminates for any reason, if grant funding is lost or reduced for any reason, or if the budgetary needs for fulfilling the grant requirements change, your employment with the university will be immediately discontinued.
Education & Experience
- College degree or higher-level course work in psychology.
- Candidates should have an interest in gaining experience to pursue a higher level of education.
- Research experience in a related social science field.
- Must be reliable, task-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must have general computer knowledge and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, etc.) and SPSS.
- Must be capable of coordinating daily tasks, communicating effectively, and working as directed.
- Must possess strong writing skills.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.