Tenure-Track, Assistant Professor in Advertising Photography
Faculty Position: Advertising Photography
The School of Photographic Arts and Sciences invites applicants to apply for a tenure track, assistant professor position in its Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program as an Advertising Photographer. We are actively seeking an individual with significant experience using photographic and imaging technology in the applied arts as well as strong interests in digital asset management (DAM), using metadata for image promotion, and pushing artistic boundaries. The appointment begins fall 2021. Successful candidates must be committed to introductory and upper level courses at the undergraduate level. Based on the demands of this area, ideal candidates will provide leadership and vision in the continued interdisciplinary vibrancy of the School’s BFA program, its students and curriculum.
We are seeking an individual who is engaged in diverse practices in advertising photography and has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to Student Centeredness; Professional Development and Scholarship; Integrity and Ethics; Respect, Diversity and Pluralism; Innovation and Flexibility; and Teamwork and Collaboration. Select to view links to RIT’s core values, honor code, and diversity statement.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- An MFA in photography or related media and professional experience with distinctions required for tenure track position. Applicants not holding an MFA degree may be considered for non-tenure track, professional lecturer position.
- Minimum of five-years’ experience in assignment photography with a substantial record of accomplishment
- Minimum two years of higher education teaching experience Portfolio should demonstrate:
- Professional experience with video capture and editing
- Professional experience with emerging technologies used in media today Professional experience of studio and location lighting
- Professional experience with concept and execution of photographic illustration
- Professional experience with digital workflow from capture to output
- Professional experience with digital compositing and retouching techniques
- Professional experience with real-time mobile workflow and editing
- Comprehensive knowledge of DAM and the evolution of metadata to meet contemporary industry needs
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
- Evidence of ability to articulate and implement a dynamic vision for the future of the photography program in the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences
To see all College of Art and Design faculty searches with links to apply, please visit, http://rit.edu/artdesign/jobs.
How To Apply Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty; search openings, then Keyword Search 5396BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A contribution to diversity statement
- A teaching philosophy
- Examples of peer-reviewed published work
- A portfolio of a minimum of twenty (20) works, including images and videos (maximum size 5MB) Examples of student work (maximum size 5MB)
- The name, title, email address and phone number for three references
You may contact the search committee with questions on the position at: Michael Peres, PhD, School of Photographic Arts and Sciences, email: [email protected].
The School of Photographic Arts and Sciences (SPAS) is internationally recognized for its professional study of photographic practices in a wide array of related disciplines, including advertising, fine art, photojournalism, visual media, and biomedical sciences and imaging technology. To learn more about the programs, faculty and students in SPAS, please visit http://cad.rit.edu/photography.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.
Application review begins February 1, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.