Project Assistant, SBNM Lilly Endowment Grant
Departments: School of Business and Nonprofit Management (SBNM) and the Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management
Reports to: Program Director, SBNM Lilly Endowment Grant, with daily oversight and management reporting to the Associate Dean, SBNM.
Supports the program developed by SBNM and the Axelson Center and funded by the Lilly Endowment's National Initiative to Address Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders. This is a three-year position (2021, 2022, and 2023). This position works 29 hours a week, with a flexible schedule.
- Provides administrative support for the SBNM/Axelson Center program developed for the Lilly Endowment's National Initiative to Address Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders.
- Monitors contracts with consultants/presenters to execute the program plan.
- Supports the planning and provides the execution for workshops, conferences, custom workshops, and retreats
- Coordinates and executes promotional efforts
- Tracks expenses and budgets
- Supports the evaluation process for programs
- Supports the Director in preparing annual reports for the Lilly Endowment.
- Arranges for all travel by the Director and other participants in the program.
- Supports the logistics for the quarterly advisory committee meetings.
- Meets regularly with the Director to discuss the details of executing the program.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- A minimum of one-year professional experience.
- Experience with program support.
- Experience with church operations and finances preferred.
- Personal commitment to North Park University's mission of Christian higher education.
- Excellent organizational, logistics, written and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically-savvy (high level user of Social Media, Databases, Microsoft Office).
- Must be a self-starter and highly dependable.
- Adept at working in a team environment.
- Excels at and enjoys executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be adaptable and flexible - willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- The job periodically requires ability to lift boxes, walk up stairs, drive.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Effective Date: January 2021