Associate Professor Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Job Information Job ID: 15613Position # 00001578
The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, Department of Pediatrics, is recruiting a Pediatric Cardiologist with an additional year of training in interventional cardiology to work with our expanding division at the academic rank of Associate Professor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct patient care as an interventional cardiologist
- Serve as Medical Director of the Children’s Hospital of Georgia Cath Lab
- Provide essential leadership and oversight to support a growing cardiovascular surgery program performing complex cardiac interventional and cardiac surgery procedures
- Provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services and comprehensive consultation, evaluation, diagnostic and management services for a wide array of pediatric cardiology patients while improving quality, safety and patient satisfaction
- Build new referral patterns and serve as primary and secondary care resource for cardiology care across referral area
- Improve access to pediatric cardiology services
- Continue and expand outreach initiatives to allow better access to clinical services across region and state including additional outpatient clinics and telehealth
- Participate in on-call duties
- Participate in mentorship and provide clinical supervision and consultation to residents/medical students/fellows and develop a more in-depth educational experience for trainees in pediatric cardiology
- Provide training to fellows/residents/medical students through didactics and clinical supervision
- Participate in efforts to advance research in pediatric cardiology
This academic position will be involved in clinical, educational, and research activities.
Medical degree from an accredited medical school/university, Board Certified/Board Eligible in Pediatric Cardiology. Additional year of training in interventional cardiology.
Academic rank, tenure status and salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.