Assistant Professor (Physician Assistant Program)
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) seeks a motivated, energetic, and collaborative faculty member to join its Physician Assistant (PA) Program. This faculty member will have a 12 month, full-time, tenure-track position and will be an integral member of the EMU PA program. The EMU PA Program matriculated the first class of students in May of 2014, and has been granted Accreditation-Continued from the ARC-PA. PA faculty members are encouraged to continue practicing clinically on a part-time basis, while retaining all income. EMU provides a highly competitive salary and a robust benefits and retirement package. Come and join our progressive team of PA educators!Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruction, coordination, and evaluation of students in the classroom, exam laboratory, and simulation settings
- May assist in planning and delivery of clinical year curriculum, including clinical rotations
- Active participation in ongoing program evaluative processes and maintenance of ARC-PA accreditation
- Participate in ongoing program development related to policy, syllabi, pedagogy, and lecture/presentation preparation
- Participation in scholarly research activity and/or documented continuation of clinical experience
- Involvement/participation in required and recommended service activities and program/department committee participation
- Current licensure and certification as a Physician Assistant, Physician or related healthcare professional (if applicable)
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical practice experience as a Physician Assistant, Physician or related healthcare professional (experience working as a PA and in PA education is preferred)
- Minimum of a master’s degree (PA degree focus, doctorate preferred)
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
Applicants will: 1) Complete an on-line application, providing all requested information 2) Attach a cover letter, with specific narrative regarding position qualifications and interest 3) Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) 4) Provide three (3) professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information contact:
Kevin Geltz, MS, PA-C
Associate Professor, Search Committee Chair
Phone: 734.487.9528 or Email (preferred): [email protected]ch.edu
If contacted, you will be asked to present official transcripts of your highest degree earned at the time of interview.
ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. THEY CANNOT BE REVISED OR ADDED ONCE THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
EMU enrolls approximately 23,000 students and offers an outstanding benefits package and a collegial work environment. EMU's distinct mix of comprehensive academic resources, strong community initiatives, focus on Education First, and nationally-recognized undergraduate and graduate student research achievements set it apart.
The EMU campus is located in the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor community, 5 miles from downtown Ann Arbor and 35 miles west of Detroit, MI and Windsor, Ontario.
EMU is an equal opportunity employer, and the institution is regularly recognized by U.S. News and World Report for its diversity.