Sr. Library Information Specialist - 27702
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35062
School of Law, Law LibraryJob Description
- Provide research service from the Service Desk, on call desk, and via remote service options to law students and public patrons.
- Facilitate the "shared services" agreement with main campus library (cataloging, ordering/canceling, vendor contracts and relations, arrange replacement of missing items, mail sorting, and invoice screening).
- Manage, coordinate work and provides subject matter guidance to student workers (3 student assistants). Train and supervise student workers in completing assigned work according to the schedules.
- Manage internal and external circulation of materials through specialized library management software.
- Process interlibrary loan requests, coordinate material delivery with main library as well as other libraries. Investigate and provide solutions to suspended accounts, complex requests, and lost items according to existing policies and procedures. Update policies and procedures accordingly.
- Supervise patron usage of library materials, public access computers, study rooms, student resources, and self-help clinic. Investigate and provide solutions to difficult situations (ex. enforcing after hours access, food inside the library, disturbing patrons).
- Support law librarians with administrative and academic functions such as course management, travel arrangements and reimbursements, scheduling and note-taking at meetings, ordering office supplies, reconciling expenses, special projects, and editing correspondence and academic papers.
- Research information, collects data, and prepares statistical and financial reports related to library budget.
And other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessaryPreferred Qualifications
Four-year college degree; library work experienceFull Time/Part Time
$15.29 - $15.81 per hourShift
Monday - Friday, 40 hours per weekApplication Deadline
01/17/2021Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.