Research Study Assistant
Job location: METRO PARK WEST-WSU OFFICE SPACE - SEATTLE
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-19
Title:323L-YN - Research Study Assistant
Business Title:Research Study Assistant
Job Family:Civil Service - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties: This position will provide essential support for research projects within the Institute for Research and Education to Advance Community Health (IREACH). This position will assist with human subjects applications and management and will assist with developing study protocols. This position will assist with data management and collection, preparing manuscripts for publication, budget maintenance, and day to day study oversight.
Essential Duty: Yes
Percent of Time: 35%
Job Function: Study Design and Data Activities
- Assists with developing the study implementation plan for recruitment, intervention program and data collection protocols including materials and procedures.
- Assists with developing and maintaining tracking system for study participants; data collection; and all research documents to ensure adherence to study protocol and compliance to Institutional Review Board (IRB) regulations.
- Participates in developing database documents such as annotated questionnaires and codebooks.
- Reviews and assesses study data to ensure adherence to study protocol and compliance with IRB regulations.
- Gathers, records, scans, organizes, transcribes and verifies the accuracy of research study data; prepares data for computer input.
- Performs data entry and quality control. Assists the PI with preparing data summary reports.
- Assists the IREACH Data Manager with internal data audits.
- Prepares weekly reports on study progress to Principal Investigator (PI) and project lead.
- Assists with scientific review papers and manuscripts.
- Assists research lead with project-related tasks such as gathering information for annual reports, creates PowerPoint presentations and proofreads reports, publications and other documents.
Essential Duty: Yes
Percent of Time: 30%
Job Function> Human Subjects and Project Implementation Activities
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of all study procedures for recruitment, study intervention and data collection, maintains tracking progress to ensure study progress along established timelines and implementation of research protocol.
- Assists in developing and maintaining project manual of operation
- Recruits and screens new participants for projects and research. Presents all informed consent material for each new participant, ensuring each participant understands the study, the data that is being collected, and confidentiality.
- Performs data collection (questionnaires, observational data, medical records, record audio, video, etc.) Ensures data is properly stored according to policy and procedure.
- Maintains project files and participant’s documents organization system ensuring compliance to IRB regulation. Maintains confidentiality of participant records.
- Assists in the preparation of IRB documents.
- Assists in communicating with community agencies (clinics, labs, etc.)
- Problem solves challenges to recruitment, retention, and participant satisfaction with program.
- Assists research coordinator in preparing recruitment, data collection and study intervention reports to PIs.
- Schedules meetings and record meetings minutes.
- Travels as needed.
Essential Duty: Yes
Percent of Time: 20%
Job Function: Budget/Fiscal Activities
- Assists with purchasing including purchase requests, ordering and reimbursements.
- Assists with travel requests, arrangements and travel reimbursement requests.
- Ships materials as needed to project sites.
- Assists with coordination of payments to participants and billing procedures related to study visits including purchasing, tracking, distributing and internal audits.
Essential Duty: Yes
Percent of Time:10%
Job Function: Program Assistance
- Assists with Center and program websites and social media accounts, including content revisions, upload of new information working with the communication team and others.
- Assists with creation and dissemination of promotional materials such as brochures and flyers.
- Assists in organizing and conducting outreach activities and events.
- Coordinates meeting plans including communications and space planning.
- Assists with the coordination of the Center’s special projects and events.
Essential Duty: No
Percent of Time: 5%
Job Function: Other
- Other duties as assigned.
Two years of college-level course work in a relevant academic area AND one year of appropriate experience OR equivalent education/experience.
Proficient with MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
Must have strong written/oral communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects.
Work hours must be flexible to include evenings and weekends when necessary.
Possession of a valid and current driver’s license by time of hire.
Knowledge of and experience in working with Native communities.
Experience working in research environment.
Excellent proofreading skills, and a strong attention to detail.
Experience working with internet applications.
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Seattle, WA 98101
Department Link: IREACH
Background Check: Yes, this position has been determined to require a background check.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for at least three (3) professional references in the application.
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
Posting Close Date (If empty, open until filled):February 1, 2021
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.