Assistant Professor, Human Development and Family Science, Couple and Family Therapy Program
Assistant Professor, Human Development and Family Science, Couple and Family Therapy ProgramJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by January 22, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by February 19, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (February 19, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Human Development and Family Science (HDF) in the College of Health Sciences at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a full-time (9-month) tenure-track position in the Couple and Family Therapy (CFT) Program, beginning fall, 2021. For more information about the HDF Department and the College, please visit https://web.uri.edu/human-development/ and https://web.uri.edu/chs/. The University of Rhode Island is a tier-three research institution that has an array of resources and opportunities for new faculty, including the URI CFT Clinic, Child Development Centers, and the Academic Health Collaborative.
The CFT Program (see, https://web.uri.edu/human-development/academics/m-s-program/cft/) trains graduate students to employ foundational clinical practices in multiple contexts, including at the URI Couple and Family Therapy Clinic, which serves 150 clients per year, and established community social service, school-based and healthcare settings. Our program spans four decades and is the only COAMFTE accredited program in Rhode Island.
We seek a scholar and clinician who is committed to the University of Rhode Island’s mission as a learner-centered research university where diversity, fairness, and respect are valued. The candidate is expected to conduct an active, focused program of scholarship yielding published peer-reviewed research, obtain external funding to support research, teach graduate and undergraduate courses and practica in couple and family therapy and other areas of human development and family science as needed, mentor master’s and undergraduate students, and actively participate in department, college, and professional service activities.
Individuals under-represented in the couple and family therapy discipline, across race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected designation are encouraged to apply.
1. Earned doctorate in couple/marriage and family therapy, medical family therapy, or related field at time of appointment.
2. Demonstrated teaching and clinical supervision excellence.
3. Demonstrated potential for a strong record of research.
4. Independently state licensed or on track to become licensed.
5. AAMFT Clinical Fellow.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
7. Systemically qualified supervisor with demonstration of professional identity as a marriage and family therapist.
8. Systemically qualified supervisor with demonstration of training in MFT relational/systemic supervision by one of the following:
o Designation as an AAMFT Approved Supervisor or AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate.
o A graduate course in MFT relational/systemic supervision equivalent to three semester-credit hours.
o Postgraduate professional education in MFT relational/systemic supervision of at least 30 clock hours.
o A state established MFT supervisor designation that includes relational/systemic supervision training.
1. Expertise aligned with family trauma and/or systemic intervention for substance use disorders.
2. Demonstrated potential for online teaching.
3. Demonstrated potential for online clinical practice.
4. Demonstrated potential for online supervision.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Human Development & Family ScienceContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
1) Cover Letter
3) Other Document –names and contact information of three professional references.Position Number:
12/31/2020Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: